Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ways With Nests


I love nature themes for my collage and card projects, so birds and nests fit right in. I'm always on the search for vintage images to use.


But I also love to decorate with bird cages and nests. I do have a small collection of both nests that I have found, and others that have been given to me.



Spanish moss makes a nice approximation. I also display shells and acorns in nests on occasion.



The nest in back, above, is natural, and the moss nest in front has natural quail eggs. I love the speckled colors.



For a long time I've displayed my nest collection high on a cabinet where it's less likely to be disturbed.


A couple of authentic nests are displayed in an antique cup and a large seashell. A rusty antique iron garden urn serves as a backdrop.







A nest for a bird theme tablescape. 



Quail eggs in nested ironstone butter pats.



Under glass.



Natural elements contrast nicely when displayed with refined finishes like lace and pink milk glass.














Hope you're having a terrific weekend!
Thanks for peekin' in!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


for bird/nests projects!

 

17 comments:

  1. I too love nature in my home not just outside.
    Because true beauty is in Creation. I love the sea, birds, flora and fauna. I think I might borrow a few of you ideas. Thank you Jacqueline.
    Cvet Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of your nest Jacqueline. The images are so soft and pleasing to the eye. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment today. We do live in a beautiful part of the world but I believe every place has it's own beauty. Have a blessed day. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline! Oh, how pretty! Love seeing your little nests with the eggs. The cloche snap is gorgeous. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nests are so sweet. They are so wonderful paired with the whites you have chosen. We found a huge complex nest in our forsythia bush and I must get around to taking some photos of it. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What IS it about those sweet little nests cradled in little ironstone bowls that are so adorable...??? :) Love all of your vignettes, Jacqueline! Just beautiful!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a nest in the backyard that a family of Cardinals reuse every year. I love it!
    Debbie
    P.S. Cat Daddy has a phobia about nests so I can't bring them inside. It's funny to watch him freak out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty vignettes. I like nests too and never seem to be able to find them...the idea of using moss is a great one. Thanks.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do I start? All the beautiful nests and natural elements, the seeded eucalyptus, the white jardiniere...but OH...the little stacked butter pats! Beautiful and inspiring, Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love the Nests!!! All of them...so precious. And, my goodness, I just bought some peat pots...and wondered what to do with them..now I know. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photographs and your ideas. pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love nests as well. You've done a great job decorating with them. Tres bien!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! You have a great collection and have done it proud. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your displays are so beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely, Jacqueline. I'd like to make them a feature for my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i find nothing sweeter than petite eggs in a nest. what is it about them? so sweet! J'adore your collection. Merci for your compliments regarding my studio. made me smile it did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to decorate with nests and eggs, too, and you have given me some awesome ideas! Love the peat pot and the tea cup!!
    Thanks for following me! Your blog is a delight!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!