Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Pretty Cool Pink Stuff




I've lined up some fun stuff that I've come across in the last week that I want to share with you!



I've known for some time what a schizophrenic decorating style I have. It takes on multiple personalities. One of them loves English cottage style, all rosy and chintzy, and lately, with pale pink stripes! The closest I've come to achieving this look so far has been isolated to my decked out summer patio. . . .




But I would love this pale pink striped couch from the cottage collection at Lexington Co UK! All sinky and yummy. OOOOOOOOHH!

Maybe you've seen these recycled library bundles from Ballard Designs! I love the different French pastel pages. Unfortunately "bundle" refers to the COST as well! But I'd love to copy the covers!

 Pin only from source: Summerland Cottage Studio

And just look at this fun post from Summerland Cottage Studio, and her hand dyed lace! Scrumptious! Click here for the link.






This week on the newsstand (Barnes & Noble) I picked up this fat special design issue of British Country Living! One of the first articles is a reprint of an article I referred you to on one of my recent white porch posts here. Yay!!!




Remember this?



Now it's back! This issue has smaller dimensions than the regular issues and is more like a book. You'll love it! It's packed FULL!





Remember it's BRITISH CL!





Finally, just look at what I stumbled across at the USPO! That's right the Post Office! When I was mailing off my ugly manila envelopes for Mother's Day I saw what I might have had instead.







YUMMY! Maybe they were meant for Mother's Day, but I grabbed up a bunch of boxes and mailers for future gift mailing. I'm sure they won't last long.




I hope your weekend is wonderful!

Jacqueline


25 comments:

  1. A beautiful post as always, Jacqueline! I would love to have a peek at the British Country Living. Do you remember where you found it?

    Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Jaqueline,
    Images of cottage decor.
    I compliment you on your arrangements of english style
    I love the coloured lace.
    We had mothers day here last weekend.
    send best wishes for a happy weekend
    val

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post. i just love the pink boxes and posting things! As for Country Living well.... Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pinks! Great learning here, thank you!

    So beautiful - your pics are awesome.

    Enjoy your weekend!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sofa... it's completely perfect, and those French book pages in the cream and pink, oh my goodness gracious...!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cozy British cottage love here! You've captured that look well, Jacqueline, and thanks so much for sharing some inspiration with us. I'll be on the lookout for the British CL edition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colored lace! How gorgeous!!! I really like the pink stripey sofa too; how lovely it would look on a pretty screened in porch...I wish I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post! I'll have to pick up that issue of British Country Living this weekend. Have a Happy Mothers Day.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacqueline: Really pretty post. Didn't know the post office could do anything that pretty..Hope you have a great Mother's Day..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love if somebody would serve me dinner while is sink into that pink striped sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love that pink and white striped couch!
    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post! I want that book, I love the striped sofa, and the lace is divine! I too saw those lovely boxes and padded envelopes at the PO while I was mailing my boring white box but I wasn't thinking clearly enough to pick some up for future use. What was I thinking?
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am much more into that cozy British style than into French style. I have actually bought British CL a couple of times and I loved it. The postal boxes are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, Jacqueline, it's always a treat for the eyes to visit you. You never disappoint with your photos. That cushy couch would look nice in my home too. I love your last photo especially. Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely Mother's Day weekend.

    Blesings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your roses are just yummy! I can almost smell them! I also love British Country Living. I will have to check for the latest one. By the time I am able to look, it will probably be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A new follower... I am hooked. I love the style, ironstone, tin, whites, well, I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad to hear that you have "confused style disorder" too Jacqueline. I love way too many styles to stick with just one in this house : )
    Such a beautiful post!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Jacqueline for featuring my hand dyed laces,
    what a lovely surprise!
    I too purchased the 292 page special design issue of British Country Living, such an amazing amount of beauty and inspiration for less than $15.00 at my local Barnes and Nobel. LoVe it and your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jacqueline,
    Beautiful, beautiful. Especially the white!
    Happy, Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you once again for the potpourri of loveliness. And I'd like to think of your style as "eclectic" (: Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for sharing all these lovelies, Jaqueline. That striped couch is my favorite :)
    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  22. I guess you know that the pitcher with green flowers is swedish, "Gröna Anna" from Rörstrand :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. HPS!


    Love these pinks! Especially the flowers.


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the roses.


    Pink in the Sink. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!