Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

The Color Of Roses



All roses are beautiful, of course. I am always more than happy to bring a bunch home from the florist or grocery. But to me there is nothing more luxurious than a floppy bouquet of home grown roses.




We are suddenly into the real heat of summer. These blooms won't last but a day or so in the garden before they start showing signs of stress. But they last longer in a vase. Some drop their petals readily, and others age on the stem just beautifully.




This sunny blend of colors looks wonderful together.




Do you think that "a rose is a rose is a rose"? And as for Shakespeare's "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet", some of my roses seem to have no scent at all! In the case of roses, I don't really think that "it is what it is" applies because of all the variety.




I'm just thrilled for the littlest bit of bloom that lives in my own yard bringing beauty and cheer.





I put this pitcher of roses near a window to give it more light for the camera and ended up getting a little more drama than I expected. But isn't life just like that?





In this case, the drama is a good thing! A little artful and romantic. And the bonus is that this version of our garden bouquet can never fade!




All peaches and creams!




And a tad of buttery yellow. Yum!











So nice that you stopped by for a look at my shabby roses!

And it's Friday!!!

Hope it's a great weekend for you!




Jacqueline




Join  me at




14 comments:

  1. The beauty of these roses and their tender romantic are ravishing!
    Have a sunny weekend! - Florentine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color combination in your bouquet is just luscious! You always have the most romantic photos.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful roses, Jacqueline!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your garden roses.
    Now you having inspired me to go pick some roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roses are my favorite flowers, but they just do not last long. Yours are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday.....and what GORGEOUS rose photos!!! Great job!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!! GORGEOUS!!! GORGEOUS!!! Your garden that these came from must be stunning! I adore roses! Yours are just too beautiful for words!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious!! What a perfect way to start my morning.. admiring your ruffled roses, and their lovely vase!
    Happy Sunday!!
    Hugs,
    B

    ReplyDelete

  9. Beautiful roses in a gorgeous color...nice evening...greetz Marjon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Jacqueline. Your roses are gorgeous. I love all of the romantic images you've shared. Each photo whispers perfection.
    Enjoy your week, AND your roses.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You may be in the heat of summer but these are as cool and graceful as a summer breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jacqueline,
    Beautiful photos as always. Been awhile since I have been by but am never
    disappointed when I do come. Always something pretty to look at. I just
    love roses too, and they are always a delight to see. Seems that a lot of
    roses these days have no scent which is sad as the ones that do... smell so
    divine. I had a lavendar colored mini rose tree once and not only were the
    blooms so gorgeous but the scent was magnificient, and something ate every
    bloom, I was sick.............lol I have gone to using faux azaleas in
    my back yard as something eats all my flowers unless it is lantana or marigolds cause they are stinky flowers........lol
    Hope this finds you doing well hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!