Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Home on the Grange


Sometimes I just want to play French Farmhouse. Grange is the word for barn in French. In English it simply means a farmhouse with outbuildings. But it's mostly used in old stories with a gentleman farmer. Okay. Old story works for me.



I've thought of this setting for awhile, but now my ivy covered wall is going to start thinking of turning on me, and dropping its leaves, so now it is!



An old French farmhouse has piles of linen everywhere that are used every day, wicker, baskets, and tons of garden implements. Check, check, check, and one more small check. Some years ago my son brought me a green handled pitch fork for Mother's Day or my birthday. I hadn't asked for one, but he knew I would love playing gentleman farmer with it. 



Everything has to look utterly ancient. Which is remarkably difficult to do, but I've given a stab at it. If you squint your eyes a little, and suspend your disbelief for a moment, you can play French Farmhouse along with me too. . . .






 


































Now wasn't that fun?
We'll do it again sometime!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


Join me at
Table Top Tuesday



23 comments:

  1. I like your coffee pot in galvanized sunshine...and the pitch fork cool...the mixture of rustic and softness is sure interesting drama affect....and I never seem to tire of it....good shots....Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnifique! Votre maison est tres joile.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Beautiful!!! You've got "French Farnhouse" down in this setting:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Jacqueline!! Your mix of elements all together are wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it did not take too much to make me feel I was looking at a french farm! You captured it 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know your kids know and love you when one buys you a pitchfork! Gorgeous setting and wonderful idea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqueline, I love it all, it just looks just right together! The linens, the ivy! Gorgeous!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqueline, I so much enjoyed playing French farmhouse with you in this post. I love all those linens. The green color of ivy and rosemary is so calming. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely vignette, Jacqueline...every detail is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last photo of the ivy overhanging is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are the most gorgeous garden scenes!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking vignettes, Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous!! I love every photo.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely feelin in! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jacqueline
    I so enjoyed my visit to your grange vignette! And just look at that glorious ivy!!
    Bénédictions et étreintes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures and I love the way you are inspirating. The black cup it's a really want to have thing:-)

    Regards from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous french setting! Love the ivy wall.
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had me with the bucket of rosemary. Stunning.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful! Love the setting! Thanks Joann

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous setting. I want to stay home on your grange! I love every detail, and your vine leaves look gorgeous.
    Happy WW,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I have the perfect laced, white cotton nightgown that a friend brought back for me from France for your vignette. Brenda in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful...just beautiful!
    Love when you create for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!