Sunday, October 30, 2011

French Blue


I'm in the wrong place to be always on the lookout for French antiques, but once in a while something charming turns up. I found a small flow blue French bowl in my forays this week, and was excessively overjoyed at the discovery.



I'm displaying it here with a tiny English butter pat that I found a while ago.




What a romantic and delightful scene for such a little plate!













The gold details are still intact on the French porcelain. So delicate and wonderful!







A small Limoges Eiffel tower completes the scene.











Merci beaucoup for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this petite taste of  Francais Bleus! I hope your weekend is wonderful!

Ciao! for now!
Jacqueline




Join me at
Cottage Monday
Blue Monday

15 comments:

Katie said...

Great finds and beautiful photos!

Pamela Gordon said...

You know I love flow blue! What a pretty plate. I love the butter pat too. I have a green and white transferware butter pat called Strawberry Hill. Isn't that a charming name? Pamela

Marydon said...

Flow Blue I can enjoy immensely ... the beauty of the china is amazing. The pat just sets it off beautifully, Jacqueline.

BOO-T-ful Halloween wishes ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Both of your finds are definitely treasures. Love the scene on the tiny butter-pat. So lovely and the bowl is stunning. Gorgeous vignette. Hugs, Marty

citicasita said...

I collect cobalt blue plates, tableware, porcelain etc. Having been to Paris three (3) times, I was immediately riveted to your cobalt blue Eiffel Tower!

I am lovin' it!

Betty Sneeringer said...

And, what a great bowl it is! Good for you!

di said...

I thoroughly enjoyed browsing through some of your blog. I adore old collectibles and paint chipped side tables and chairs, old jars, etc.

And great photo taking:)

di

The Vintage Chateau said...

Your dishes paired together are lovely.I love the sweet little butter pat!
Karee

jeanetteann said...

Oh how I love blue and white. Love the little tower,nice touch,great find too xx

Linda said...

Love the sweet flow blue dish...looks so lovely with the transferware pattern...

Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig said...

Ahhh, just lovely!
Blue and white makes my heart sing.

XO,
Anne

michele said...

i love that you snapped the other side of the plates as well--i love that side too! gorgeous.

michele

have you entered my giveaway yet?
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/rachel-ashwell-on-creating-authentic.html

SmilingSally said...

Love these blues.

Happy Blue Monday to you, Jacqueline!

Kim, USA said...

I love blue dishes and this one is perfect!

My Blue

Geneva said...

I love your sweet little french bowl...it's so lucky that you found it and brought it home. This was a lovely post ... I enjoyed it very much! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...