Pages

Monday, June 1, 2020

Another June


Well here we are at June. It feels like a long time coming, and certainly like no other. Just when it felt like an easing of trouble we find ourselves in crisis again. 





I have no words of wisdom to offer, but only a small island of peace. The daily moments I spend under the trees, with a few birds flitting about, now feel essential as food and water to me.





In all the sadness and fear, for today, I find a focus of calm. I seek a little beauty. 






I am so fortunate that, for today, trouble is not on my street. My heart breaks for those who are not so blessed.










(Illustrations are from Nature Notes, by Edith Holden.)
































Peace to you,

Jacqueline




13 comments:

  1. Yes, it is peaceful visiting you. Love the book, but those roses make me smile. Just gorgeous! So creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...Such beauty...God bless!Hugs and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It hardly seems possible that we have reached June already does it? Your roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy June. Your blog post brought me joy and peace today. Ahhhhh to swoon through your pics. Your roses are so beautiful. May we find calm and peace in our country soon.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice way to start my day, by reading your lovely post which does indeed create a feeling of calm and peace. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. June already here! This year has started difficult ad continued on a rough route. We shall overcome, but there will be tears and sadness. So many plans disrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jacqueline! So nice to stop in and enjoy these soft and lovely photo's. Your gorgeous roses beautifully displayed~ Hope you have a blessed Summer! Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, Jacqueline! Praying for better days ahead for all of us...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blooms, a beautiful book. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find peace in the beauty of my yard. Beautiful rose, is it a David Austin?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!