Pages

Monday, June 8, 2020

Life With Tea Things




Now that summer has fully arrived, I naturally enjoy having more space and air. Even with hot days, early mornings and late evenings are pleasant outdoors. In fact we are still having late lunches on the lawn under the trees. Soft and light colors are where I'm at too, so I went casting around for that this week.





No doubt I am missing the days of teas on the lawn with my girls who are spread far and wide across the country now. I always miss them of course, but so much time spent under the trees reminds me of  all the delightful days of Granny Camp when they were small. 




We are finally going to have visitors again in small groups, and plan to entertain mostly on the patios and lawn. But even if we weren't, I am ready for dressing up the table with some pretty linens and dishes! 




I'm more into lemonade than tea, but we have always broken all the tea rules anyway!





And I've noticed that for some reason the visits last longer outdoors under the canopy at a garden party.





I have also been recently inspired by Rachel Ashwell's video posts on Instagram. She is currently living in a small English cottage and doing frequent broadcasts from there. While she is cloistered like the rest of us, she has been giving an interesting history of the evolution of her businesses and places she has lived.




Everything she does herself is so beautiful, but she has also started to include video tours of the homes of friends! And these homes, like that of Christina Strutt of Cabbages and Roses, while they are off the chart large, old, and fabulous places, they are also very unique and amazingly livable. Full of art, antiques, and collections, and quite unlike a lot of the trendy looks that appeal today.





These tours, which include a scrumptious English village antiques shop, have even made me relax more about living with my own large collections and very casual lifestyle, because they are unstaged and feel so spontaneous and approachable. So check out her Instagram if you haven't already. (I know that I am often late to the party!)




Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this small tribute to life with tea things. Even if it's just for one or two!































































































So glad you stopped by!

I hope you find some beauty in your days this week.

Jacqueline





15 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all of these beautiful tea things, the idea of tea conjures up such a wonderful image...outside under the trees, how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your collection is amazing! I can just imagine a wonderful celebration with friends using all of these beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty post. Made for very nice watching and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh Jacqueline. Just swooning as I always do when you post. Your sweet china is beautiful. I love the softness to the flower pattern. The silverware is gorgeous. I had to smile when I saw the macaroons in white. Of course Jacqueline found white macaroons. Too pretty. Have a great day and wonderful week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing all your beautiful tea things. thanks for sharing about RA stories, I need to take the time to go thru them. amazing how just seeing "pretty things" can lower the stress level. Hope you're having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqueline, you always show beauty but today is wonderful. It is always magical when I see your posts. Now, I will go put on my lovely garden hat and dream that I am sitting under your trees on a late spring day. Take care and stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. so nice ... I really feel like a round of tea
    - well, we like to drink coffee here with us -
    on the terrace and even better in the garden in the grass ... yes,
    I totally agree with you. And I love to bake ... sweet or savory :-)
    Many greetings to you.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both but I'm more into lemonade in the summer. It's so refreshing and just says summer to me. This is so very pretty. It feels cooler just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo so heavenly! Thank you for sharing all the lovelies with us; and inviting us in for a closer look at some of your 'tea treasures'~ Always so enjoyable to visit your blog Jacqueline! Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always so love, charming photos and wonderful dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your collection of tea things is beautiful! I especially love the teaspoons. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty post...you always share such beautiful things. Do you know if Bella is still Blogging? I was thinking about her and her lovely home the other day.
    Stay safe and healthy...
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. And you know I would love the tea things in your garden. Oh yes, crisp linens too. Now I must run to Instagram as I am not sure I follow Rachel. So many fun ones to watch these days there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely blog you have!!!!

    I adore the pale over-all look. Even to a gray print on a softer gray background.

    Oh I must look for Rachel Ashwell's IG. A small English cottage is my idea of heaven. Thank you!!!!!! -smile-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!