Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Four Chimneys Inn~ Bennington, Vermont

 
 
 

 
 
It's our first visit to Vermont. Something we have long dreamed of doing. October is the high season here for the foliage, even though we are a week or two late for the peak. It's been an unusual season. The colors have developed differently this year due to temperature or moisture over summer. In fact we found the weather much milder than we expected. Warm, and just a little drizzly. Driving through the Berkshires of Massachusetts in the rain made us feel like we were locals. And absolutely nothing could be more gorgeous!
 
 
 
 
 
Inns and guest houses are much more common than franchise hotels in Bennington, and we are better for it. The historic Four Chimneys Inn is a cozy and wonderful way to take in the joys of a fall visit to the beautiful State of Vermont.
 
 
 
The grounds are just lovely. I had no idea that hydrangeas could grow like trees! These turn a breathtaking pale pink just in time for June weddings. In fact everything on the property is perfect for celebrations of all kinds.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
An excellent breakfast is included with the stay, and we also found the evening dining superb! Two separate dining rooms provide wonderful views all times of the year.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 

 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 

 
There's even a scenic pond in the back!
 
 
 





 
 
Thanks to all of you who have been stopping by!
I won't get to visiting much until I get back, but I hope fall is beautiful for you wherever you are. . . .
 
Jacqueline


 
 

23 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL. What a lovely place. I will be in our mountains, at peak, to see my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. I would love to stay there.
    I have so enjoyed our fall here. I am headed to the mountains this week-end too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Inn! The scenery is breathtaking too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to be able to stay and enjoy your holiday. It looks so elegant and the grounds are lovely. Enjoy your visit! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi J,
    Lucky you... a perfect place for a fall trip. The inn is lovely, the chimneys!!!! I could spend alot of winter hours gazing out that fabulous bay window in the dining room!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a beautiful place to visit. I love red trees, a great photo. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the trip you took us on! The pics are absolutely stunninG! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a most beautiful part of the world.. Vermont.
    I would love to visit.
    Those trees are stunning with their different coloured autumn hues.
    love the Inn
    great photos Jacqueline..
    Enjoy the rest of your visits.
    thank you
    val xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place and the perfect time of the year to visit Vermont. I will have to add this beautiful Inn to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful pictures. I think I would love to stay there, it is so warm and cosy looking. I love the front porch to sit and look at the nature.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pictures! I love the colors of fall

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place! Hubby and I had wanted to take a trip to Vermont, and this looks perfect!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful trip and gorgeous scenery and photos. Thanks for sharing.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous.. thanks for sharing - looks like something out of a film. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a beautiful area. What a wonderful visit for you and I feel like we got to join you through your beautiful photos :)

    Huga,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is there any way to keep your blog title from coming through on my e-mail as Cabin & Cottage?

    ReplyDelete
  17. How beautiful!
    Vermont is the one state in New England I have not been to and I live in Mass!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

  18. ~SIGH~

    You just lived my dream Jacqueline. SO beautiful. Thank you for taking us with you : )
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jacqueline,
    That's my kinda vacationing, dear friend!!! Gorgeous Autumnal photos!!! EnJOY yourselves!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful Inn! We love staying at B & B's wherever we travel. Your photos are lovely. Thank you for sharing today.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  21. To coin a phrase from my niece, "I am welly jelly"! I have always wanted to visit Vermont in the fall. The Four Chimneys Inn looks divine and the weather sounds perfectly autumnal and the trees look like they are putting on a wonderful show. I am sure you are having a beautiful time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE Vermont! My father was born in Alburg up on the Canadian border and I think that my love of Vermont has been passed through the blood. I am really glad you got to see it this time of year. We are having a magnificent fall here in New England. In Central Mass, it is just coming on peak foliage. It is breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so glad you were able to drive through the Berkshires, Jacqueline. It's such beautiful country. If you return in the summer, you can stop at Tanglewood... where a "lawn ticket" lets you bring blankets and picnic hampers and sit under the stars to listen to the most glorious symphonic music. Your time in Vermont sounds idyllic, and your images of the Inn truly capture its comfort and beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!