Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Happy June Days


Hello friends! I hope this finds you enjoying these early days of a new summer. I have already had a nice cool morning walk in the open fields near my house today. I'm finding it hard to do much indoors these days. 




I am also having a time of it getting back into the blogging groove and relearning much of it. I had a bit of comedy of errors messing around with editing old posts this morning. My advise: just don't do it! Haha.





It's finally picnic time again, and we enjoyed an impromptu gathering in the yard on Memorial Day, and another big family gathering same weekend with friends, aunts, uncles, and cousins.




I made a quick rice and black beans salad with chopped fresh veggies from my new best friend Trader Joe. I tried their potato salad too, thinking it might be a bit chancy, but I loved that too! And now I also have what's left of a cherry pie in the fridge.




Fresh cherries were on the menu too. Nothing cheerier!





I've also done quite a bit of summer reading and sitting on the front stoop watching the birds and the weather go by. I highly recommend it!

Here's to all the small summer pleasures! 

Thanks for popping by again!
 See you again on the blog soon.

Yours,
Jacqueline




 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline, it is nice to see your cheery picninc setup. Your photos are as lovely as ever! I am blogging again too. I have followed you over at Instagram. I love to see all the post there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer table looks perfect, Jacqueline. Red print table clothes reminds me of the times my Grandmother would set a picnic table lunch for us when we were kids. She always made an apple, or cherry pie for dessert. So long ago, yet your pictures help the memories seem like yesterday. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful table. Your Memorial Day picnic sounds lovely and that table feels so fresh and lovely. I'm glad you're back blogging and hope you keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer table is so pretty. I am glad to see you posting again. Have a wonderful new week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the summer photos...they look like "memories" of previous summers! So FUN...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog you have, Jacqueline, I'm going to follow you with much joy!
    In the hope you'll do the same with mine, I'm sending hugs across the many miles.
    X Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty summer table - love the sweet cherry theme. Leftover cherry pie is the best little treat! x K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!