Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Daily Bread



I like my rooms to be like my days. Calm and serene and with a lot of breathing space.


But wanting ain't always getting. And where it's a bit of a challenge to have serene days, it's so much easier to achieve in a room.



Using a lot of white helps, and I also try to collect what pleases me into small areas that are easy to change. I always have something that cheers me close at hand. 



I find that holidays are a kind of mixed bag these days. They take some work to keep them simple and enjoyable. 


But whether in rooms or the holidays, it's only a matter of putting the details in place.

















One of my favorite details is in this decoupaged lamp and lampshade I discovered in a thrift shop a few years ago.



The lamp base has gold leaf applied over the decoupage which is all done from inside the lamp base. I'm just amazed at the patience and skill of the anonymous artisan.







Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a Happy Holiday!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline

I'm linking to Kathy's Victoria Party at A Delightsome Life
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday


24 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post! I too enjoy Victoria magazine; it's a 'feel good' read! Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me so! I just visit and I am soothed by your soft images.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is always so lovely, it's like I totally relax when I read it...beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jaquiline,
    Very pretty looking and serene feeling, I too seek out serenity in my home. I think it is so important.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've set a very relaxing mood with your tea post - soft candlelight, pretty linens and a gorgeous silver tray.
    The lamp is a unique find, someone was creative to make it so nice.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. The serenity of your rooms and collections comes through in your pictures and your words. It's what I look forward to. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have such beauty close at hand!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a wonderful idea to always have little bits of things that make you happy nearby.

    Your post is lovely and so true.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That post made me want to hunker down with a cup of tea and a book. Such lovely vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful vignette...so peaceful! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cozy and relaxing feel to this post.
    I think it is time for a warm beverage about now.
    AMy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi JQ... Love your cozy tray of pretties!! The rose tray has stolen my heart!!! Your photos are beautiful so soft, just gorgeous ...with the added fun of a "where's Waldo", but a pretty version! :-))))
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacqueline, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I love your blog and just became a follower! I too love Victoria Magazine. Your vignettes are beautiful! xokathee

    ReplyDelete
  14. So calming and peaceful! Lovely!
    Theresa
    aka:TOT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jacqueline, your posts always make me feel serene. You have a beautiful style that comes across in both images and words. Visits to Cabin & Cottage definitely "cheer" me!
    Thank you, sweet friend! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. So peaceful, so inviting...thank you!

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truly a wonderful post. It looks so serene I could feel myself relaxing just being here. I love that lamp too!
    Happy thanksgivings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully luxurious vignette, Jacqueline. A blessed and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love you beautiful vignettes!!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous vignette! It really does ooze serenity. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, I feel serene reading and looking at your lovely pictures! You have some very lovely things - you have a special talent for arrangements.
    I appreciate you linking with A Return to Loveliness - I always look forward to what you've dreamed up!
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your vignettes are always calming and beautiful.... Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving Day in my home state. I'm sure the weather there is much nicer than here in dreary, rainy Ohio. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!