Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Gathering Up The Threads









I'm back home again among my own things and finding myself surprised once more about how little it takes to turn toward a new season. Merely a change in color can do the trick, as nature herself demonstrates.




Most of what shows here is always within arms reach in my own dining room year round. It's all in what I choose to emphasize. But that's true in all aspects of life isn't it? (Even my chairs are always ready for fall!)




But there are a few new things to celebrate another September, and this delightful embroidered vintage tablecloth is one of them! Can you see that gorgeous crocheted edge all around??




Someone valued this cloth at ten dollars. But really how can you put a price on such a thing? The heft is wonderful, as is the stitching.




Individually, the colors are not what I would choose, but scattered thinly across the table they are understated, and a perfect reflection of gently falling leaves. I can't tell you how much they cheer me!










All in perfect condition.









Another newcomer is this entertaining jar in rustic colors with a nod to all things French. No doubt it is a reproduction, as its lack of crazing and age proves it cannot possibly be as old as 1892. Love it anyway!













I did manage to come across this old ironstone bowl in my travels, all mottled and crackled as it should be.









I love the interesting rim details on top and bottom. A keeper!









Everything settles in together as though it had always been there. Gathered up snug and cozy like a few more strands of nesting material woven into place.




Isn't that what we all start to do in September?










I hope you are enjoying gathering up all the threads of summer too!

I so much enjoyed all of your supportive comments on my last post! Thank you so much! It was just so heartwarming to me. I'm looking forward to getting back to you, and celebrating another new season together!

Jacqueline






Join me at




21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tablecloth...and the edging is so pretty! It makes me want to go and find some pretty fall linens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cloth with the acorns is right up my alley. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great eye for spotting the best linens, Jacqueline! Love the subtle nod to fall on this wonderful piece. You have a way that seems effortless of drawing from your amazing collections to create so much beauty on your tabletop. Always an inspiration!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love for linens as well. And I agree, there is no price to be paid for such beautiful detailed handiwork. It makes my heart glad as well. Lovely post! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such loveliness. I really like the gentle colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweet little wooden acorns. Great companion to the beautiful linens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqueline,
    You have found an amazing table cloth, dear friend!!!
    The subtle hues of Autumn are a perfect complement to your style!!!
    I had never really noticed the acorns within the design on your dining room chairs, until now!!! Thank you for drawing my attention to them!!!
    The acorns and soft subtle hued Autumn Leaves have made their way into my home decor, as well!!!
    Thank you for always inspiring with your gentle ways!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, as always. Love the French jar and what a charming tablecloth... ~julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did it again. You brought back a memory for me. One summer when I was at my Aunts farm, my Mother bought this small round tablecloth that had leaves on it to be embroidered. We worked on it each night for a week. I am not sure what ever happen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never tire of looking at your lovely linens and beautiful dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fond of the acorns, the "chevre" pot, the loveliness of it all. And that it is a very subtle fall entry. I'm not ready for fall, so subtle is perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the embroidered leaves. The wooden acorns are neat. What great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a bird nest in amongst the white and china cupboard. Lovely embroidered cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. where did you get your gorgeous acorn and oak leaf metal chairs? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. To Cathy:

    I couldn't find a link back to you! But I'm glad you like my chairs! I found them ever so long ago at a thrift store. I just sold the little matching glass top table a few weeks ago. I need my bigger wood one. But the padded metal chairs are so comfy and fun! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome home, Jacqueline. Your post is as lovely as ever. I would have snatched up that crock as well. I'm always searching for interesting crocks, and this one is wonderful. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty cloth. It would be fun to have one in bright greens for spring.

    Thanks for your comment. Drop by again soon as we have many exciting crisps in the tasting pile. Driving through France to Switzerland is a wonderland of new flavours - all fun to try!

    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the soft touch your style brings to autumn decorating. You're such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. I love the "new" tablecloth with the leaf stitching. Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous. Where did you get those adorable acorns? I'm in love with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!