Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Bits of Blue


Faded blue, china blue, french blue. . . . For a blue Monday, or any other day. I like it up close and personal, and mixed with lots of white. Curl up with blue on a blustery day and plan your spring garden, or a summer vacation. Or envision a dreamy trip of a lifetime. Portugal? Italy? France? The English countryside? Wherever you go, blue will be there. . . .







The antique saucer from my favorite French latte cup.




A vintage linen table cloth with Johnson Bros. teacups.




Antique transferware lid.





The French cup.




I love a hue that whispers. . . .



And invites you closer in . . . .





A vintage embroidered  B is for blue too. . . .




































Bonny bits of blue for you!
I hope your week is of to a great start!

Jacqueline



20 comments:

  1. My favorite photo is the seventh down of the tray set up with the sweet napkin older. Charming and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're singing my song!
    Love all things blue...and all shades. Beautiful blue post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a splendid way to hold a tooth brush. The patio table is looking fine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such pretty blues -- I especially enjoy the faded blues with whites :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqueline,
    Such gorgeous blue hues. Against the textured white vintage fabrics, blue made my heart skip. Lovely post!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqueline, I love your blue and white ... but "the hue that whispers" pic: Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blues, Jacqueline. Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Blue and White just melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! If I had the room I'd have transferware in every color

    ReplyDelete
  10. We must all be thinking blue this week,a few of us bloggers have blogged blue this week,including me. Love it,especially the faded ones,they are lovely.
    x jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blues are so beautiful. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Blue and White dishs are beautiful....I have the same passion for these dishs....Everywhere I go I check antique stores and little shops that might hold some treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Jacqueline! I have always had a soft spot for that particular shade of blue and the china pattern is so vintage and cozy looking, it was truly a pleasure seeing it!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! You have so lovely things here!! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now you will have me singing the blues! Another beautiful post.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful photographs! What is it about blue and white...so elegant and just calms the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous soft blues and whites!! Just dreamy!!
    Love all your photos and your blog!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!