Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Familiar Things For a Winter's Day





Hello Friends! It's almost Valentines Day and so I am sending you all the love!




It has been a long while since I checked in here, but as you will soon see, not much has changed.




I think I mentioned that I have a new camera, so this is a very experimental post. I always want things to be simpler than is possible, and I don't want to spend the time it takes to learn new gadgets. But things finally reached critical mass and I think I made a breakthrough!





I just started with what is right in front a me as a subject, but there are always one or two new things of course.




 I am so proud that after two years my Oxalis shamrock is still alive! It went completely dormant, wilted, and lost all it's growth just before Christmas. I panicked! But I read up and learned that due to conditions that this is kind of normal. I repotted, got it a sunny window, and you wouldn't believe how fast it all came back. I'm just so pleased!!





This little embroidered runner is new to me and makes me almost as happy as my resurrected plant.





I use my few seed sacks in a ton of different ways, and always have them ready nearby too.





And a couple of mustard pots still line the shelves.




And pitchers in a row. (I would need detailed instructions on how to live without those...)





There have been so many dark days that I decided to leave my lighted birch trees up a while longer. I brought them home from the shop and still couldn't find the heart to put them away. There have been so many houseguests of late that I find they are a lovely way to light the way in an unfamiliar place. A gentle night light emanating from the center of the whole house. 




There are only small changes to the top cupboard shelf. Sometimes I just want to look at something different!




These little brown baby boots are new here and cheery as all get out! And after a very long time of longing I managed to get a few sprigs of tallow berry to decorate with. They are not native here, but I love the way they look in vignettes.




The days whiz by. Folks come and go. Before we have a chance to look up we have turned another year older. I find that I don't change things up as often as I used to, and love the sameness of things more. At least in the wintertime. . . .





I hope that this finds you surrounded by all that you love too!

Cheery days ahead to you!

Love,

 Jacqueline







sidebar



16 comments:

  1. Lovely post Jacqueline! Thanks for sharing a mid-winters day with us~
    Your new pieces are so beautiful! (the linen, and those amazing brown baby boots! And of course we enjoy catching glimpses of your usual favorites too : ) Blessings, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my I have at least 15 picnic baskets---and I haven't painted, one---yet, lol. Sweet winter in your home...all that texture and the bits of wood make it all so homey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all so pretty, I always enjoy your posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your sweet posts always Jacqueline. So pretty. Love that your shamrock plant is coming back and looks so great. Hope it brings you joy and luck. Have a great day today and rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, Jacqueline! I am always pinning your gorgeous, inspirational photos! We have left some white lights on, too...so cozy! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done with that shamrock! My full one of a year or two ago slowly dwindled down to barely a shoot. Now there are about 10 or 12. But it's something. As always, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete


  7. So many beautiful things to look at, Jacqueline! I love all the white pitchers. I have a very small collection of them, some quite tiny.

    Looks like you are doing well with your new camera. Just keep having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all your beautiful collections.

    Today my favorite collection is the feed sacks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You inspire me to get a shamrock. I love it.
    After Christmas I was thinking I would like a lighted birch tree and yours looks so wonderful. Now I want one even more. I have one on my wish list with Amazon.
    Love the little brown baby boots in among the white. So sweet! As usual I love all your white.
    Happy springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's no such thing here as just looking at one post! One must keep scrolling! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always a pleasure to pop over to visit your beautiful cottage Jacqueline. What fun you must be having experimenting with your new camera... and with so many gorgeous pretties to photograph too.
    I'm so glad that you shared your winters day post at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tomorrows party and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always so lovely Jacqueline! You’re doing great with the new camera! ��

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is lovely, Jacqueline! Such lovely vintage items in a cottage style setting. We would LOVE for you to link up at Tuesday Turn About via myweeabode.com. We close tonight at midnight CST and open again on Tuesday at 5pm CST... Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUANTAS COSAS HERMOSAS!!!
    ME GUSTA TODO.
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  15. My gosh! that cupboard full of white ironstone is beyond beautiful! My first time here...love your collection. Nita@ModVintageLife

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!