Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Making Room For Romantic Style


I am looking forward to spring, and indulging the more romantic side of cottage style lately. I tend to swing between a mix of styles on a regular basis anyway. 



I also went sort of off script and bought this whimsical gardeny themed wall art that I saw on Amazon. I don't do much large scale whimsy in my decorating, but it is so cheery and has every garden fantasy I possess in one image. 




As usual I have been trying things out in the nursery/guestroom. This room has the most sunny window in the morning and so a lot of plants get revived for a spell in here now and then. I sometimes put on the spa music and pore over my books and magazines for a moment or two of reviving myself! 










I forage fleamarkets for anything garden this time of year too, and just found this darling little plant stand. A few McCoy vases show for now, but I love using a garden stand on a table to serve from or for displays. A shame to cover it up with too many plants! Haha!










These are the latest bits of linen and laces! I just love the creamy color, and the crochet trim on things.





Nothing more romantic than lace! The one in front is an especially old shawl. 





I also found a couple of old wooden hotel hangers for two bucks each. I have even visited San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara! These are full of old romance with the perfect patina. 





This space may be very small, but it has held many big dreams. . . .











Happy days ahead!

Jacqueline





Come join me at


FOR





AND



Create-Bake-Grow-Gather-sidebar-button


15 comments:

  1. Your bouquet (and shamrock) are both splendid! I really do love the white roses -- kind of perfect! Your style always is romantic to me, something I love but never pull off! And I do love your new Amazon purchase. I'd snatch that one up in a hot minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we must be kindred spirits...it's all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jacqueline just swooning. Everything looks so pretty. Your guest bedroom is gorgeous. Love the hanger with the vintage christening gowns hanging. Love the little sign you found on Amazon. So cute.
    Happy New Week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jacqueline.
    Loving the romantic styling of this room. You always know how to drape your beautiful pieces just right over chairs, bedding, and tables. Don't you just love the sun filled spaces in your home as the season progresses? Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty room. I think we all need a place to just look at a book, gaze out a window, or shut the door and be alone! Lovely and timeless...I could wile away quite a few hours there for sure! OH, and after fighting with safari on a Mac for about 8 months, I do my blog reading on a Mac on Chrome---as now my comments get through. I still do my posts in Safari...for some reason it works quicker...???? Maybe blogger is in need of a new platform that is more responsive. I do know it is better from me, than it was! long as I remember to view bloggers in Chrome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post today Jacqueline! You have put me in the mood for Spring! 🌿💚

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh- Everything looks just beautiful!! Your home looks spring-like and truly romantic. i love it! Sorry about the comments. Kind of crazy! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

  8. I'm ready for some outdoor garden pots also. however they will need to set inside until this zero temperatures are over here. Cold and rainy now all weekend. It would e fun to set inside and enjoy all your pretty linens and maybe have some hot tea with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the plant stand, but especially the linens, McCoy, and everything about your collection in this room. In the background the childrens white clothes reminds me that maybe I need to get out some of my childrens collection again. Thanks for all you share and inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacquelin,
    Love those McCoy Pottery Vases!
    I have an ongoing love affair with vintage wooden hangers!
    When they were available in abundance at our local Antique Mall
    I didn't appreciate their patina. Now that they are scarce,
    I care their textural interest.
    Exquisite artistry in the graphic illustrations of your vintage book!
    Always inspiring!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi J, I always look forward to your beautiful posts. I'm envious of your oxalis all green and blooming. Mine didn't do too well over the winter despite having good light. I've had it for years, I guess it's showing it's age, haha. Loving all your wonderful McCoy vases, the plant stand and lovely old lace. So glad you joined in on the party this week. I'm featuring your post Monday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is absolutely gorgeous. I love oxalis! The pop of green among your soft dreamy whites and creams. I am so happy to feature you at this week's All About Home Link Party. Thanks for sharing with us! https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/all-about-home-link-party-29/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing all the beautiful vintage pieces you find.

    San Ysidro Ranch lovely. We haven't been since they reopened after the Thomas fire. We had reservations on Christmas day for a family dinner, but had to cancel when we were recovering from our car accident. I'm glad you mentioned it here because I need to make reservations for our anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bouquet looks splendid !! I love those white roses – indeed perfect in creating a romantic mood and feeling. You made a perfect look throughout. Love those hangers with a vintage look and the little sign you found on Amazon, very cute. One of our designers did the same work for my brother's wedding party I was recalling when viewing your beautiful blog. Amazing and splendid work you always do dear Jacqueline. !!!! Happy Day 😊 Check some sassy wedding photographs at https://www.bloghasting.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!