Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Pieces of Vintage Linen






Fall is always the beginning of linen season to me as the world turns inward. Summer is great for getting to markets and making fabulous finds, as I hope to do any time of year, but working with linens is another story. Nothing like a crisp day to cozy up and get in a little linen therapy at the ironing board!




It's been a long stretch since we had a good dose of linen love here on the blog, so I am including a few links that you vintage linen lovers in the audience will appreciate too.




One old post you might enjoy perusing again is Ironing Linen~Befores and Afters here.





But I have recently found one of the most remarkable blogs on Instagram that you may already know about by Yuka, In My Room. I promise you, if you don't already know this page you are in for a real treat! The vignettes of linens and lace are soulful and delicate and dreamy. I just can't get enough! I would show you a sample, but I don't want anyone pinning her wonderful work from here. Check it out at this link.










Finally, Back in the Linen Nursery, here, might give you another good session of linen love if you are needing any right now.




Sometimes when I iron, I leave my work out on display for a while just to appreciate the beauty as I pass through doing tasks throughout the day.




And other times looking back through old posts I have regrets for many of the gorgeous old pieces that have gone on to other lucky owners. It can be a little heartbreaking being in the vintage linen business! LOL! (not really kidding)








It's a little like finding a new owner for your old home, or a pet you have to give up. You want to find someone really worthy! But seriously, not everyone appreciates the value of beautiful old hand work.




It is my personal garden of delights.





I hope you are finding daily pleasures of your own to feed your soul this week.

Carry on. . . .

Jacqueline








FB-party-logo_600


9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful 'white' post! I love it. I got sidetracked visiting Yuka and almost forgot to come back. lol Thanks for the link and Happy Wednesday to you. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings back memories of my mum ironing something I haven't done in a long time.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. White on white linen pillowcases make me swoon. How I love what I am seeing here. I am still treasuring the one set I bought from you last year when I traveled through your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful...and I am loving the crocheted throw on the bed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous linens!It is a pleasure stopping by!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!! I'm also looking forward to crisp Autumn days to do some long needed ironing!!! Still in the 80's here and more yard work to do....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always so great to see your posts Jacqueline. We white and neutral girls give each other such smiles to see posts like this. The linens are gorgeous. Love that twin bed and bedding. Swooning.
    Hugs,
    Happy Thursday,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Jacqueline, now I'm going to have to go get some of my linens out! Haha! Yours are always so gorgeous and beautifully laid out and organized.

    It's a goal!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!