Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Springtime at Je L'Adore!





April sailed by like a kite for me this year. Springtime is always full of special events, and the May calender is filled in even more already. Phew! Good thing I always have a way to slow down and smell the roses. Or . . . , make that lavender.




It's time again to show a few shots of the little French shop Je L'Adore that I am proud to be part of. It's always a breath of fresh air. If you can't have April in Paris, this is a good little substitute. And yes, we have lavender products in shop. One of our lines is from our own local lavender farm. 




Our shop owner, Tammy, the vignette queen, has put together these delightful garden displays. The little enamel pots and the tall pitcher are straight from France.  





I am partial to the soft cottage colors shown here.




And of course I love all things chippy!




Here are a few more lovely samples from a local artist Mikel Robinson that I mentioned in an earlier post here. He uses his own photography with vintage elements for framing. Aren't the angel portraits wonderful?





We represent another talented painter, Anne Sandry, from France, whose work you can see in the background above. Read more about her here.   Of course you can always come to Albuquerque and see more of her popular miniature paintings in shop!





So many French delights are tucked in here and there, such as this marvellous little china inkwell.





I love this gorgeous etched tray/basket.





A lovely bedroom vignette. . .





And heavenly vintage garments from France.





French style furniture in all the right colors.




And a new line of fragrant Voluspa candles!




But my current favorite is this antique cupboard packed full of delicate brown transferware, and styled in Tammy's inimitable fashion.




Yum!








C'est fantastique, non?





Shop location and hours are listed on my profile page here. You'll want to stop by for a visit if you're ever in town.

I hope you're taking time to smell the lavender too!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jacqueline






14 comments:

  1. Double Yum on all of the brown transferware!!!! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Jacqueline....
    Oh my I LOVE seeing you here posting more... I miss the good old days of blogging!
    The shop must be a constant source od inspiration, that little ink well, dreamy, love the angles but I am with you on the transfer wear the soft shades thrill me...
    Its all so lovely...
    Yes, we must Smell the Lavender

    Have a Great Day!
    HUGS!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oui! Tres fantastique!!
    I have high hopes of visiting someday Jacqueline~
    Thanks for sharing all these chippy, shabby, vintage & French lovelies~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline,
    This would be a "must attend" event if I lived in your area, dear friend!
    L O V E the booth styling!
    Gorgeous photography, indeed!
    Thank you for such Spring inspirations!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! I love your transferware!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum and Fantastic and more describes this lovely shop. I love everything and especially the pretty transferware.

    hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacqueline...How lovely it was to have a cyber tour of your lovely Frenchy shop this morning. l could blissfully wander around there for hours and l'd definitely have a smell of the lavender:-) All Tammy's vignettes are beautiful and l love the angel photograph/artworks. l also really loved the pink chippy shelf....perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post...I can almost smell the lavender. There is a few lavender farms here on Vancouver Island so we have it in our calendar to visit when they open for the summer... take care.

    Hugs,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I love visiting an antique shop that knows how to set up beautiful vignettes! Spring time just calls for beautiful garden antiques to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adore that brown transferware! Gorgeous. I was reading comments on Bella's Rose Cottage and you were talking about Lily of the Valley plants. I have 3-4 beds of them in my new (to me) home and have been told I need to thin them out. Will check and find out exactly how to do this properly and would love to send you some of them if you wish. Just let me know.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely. Even before you mentioned it was your favorite, I was totally hooked on the transferware. That etched box was lovely, too. Big sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. next time I visit my daughter and family in ABQ I will be stopping by that lovely shop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, those angel portraits are simply divine!!!
    Love this post! A mini tour - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay that white bed is just too cute. I also adore the brown transferware pattern. What a darling shop. I wish I wee closer so I could pop in for a visit. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!