Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Vintage Baskets




I like just a touch of seasonal and holiday decor. We don't have tons of storage for it, (no garage, basement, or attic, for instance) so I don't buy many decorations either.




But I really prefer to use my vintage collections to feature a holiday anyway. This vintage flower basket is a natural for spring.




I also love using illustrations from A Country Diary in some way throughout most of the year. The numerous nature drawings and the hand lettering have such appeal, and there's a beautiful chapter for every month. 



Old ribbon and lace makes a nice bow. But lately I am loving torn fabric strips and have made a bow with a chenille bedspread "cutter" that I have been saving. It was already worn to shreds when I found it. 








I'm sort of crazy about this old bent up wire egg basket that I found in the Colorado countryside last fall. I've been toting things everywhere in it lately. A tatted doily in the bottom is a pretty way to display eggs.



A little lace napkin liner makes a sweet embellishment. (Imagine just how many gathered eggs it could hold!)




A few pretty linens make a perfect nest.




I don't remember the last time I bought a special Easter basket for the occasion, but it was many seasons ago. We always have plenty for eager egg hunters!





I love dressing up a little basket every now and then!

I hope you're having a fantastic
 White Wednesday too!

Jacqueline




Join me at

29 comments:

  1. So refreshing and the eggs speak of new life...
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your baskets. The chenille bow is a precious idea. I have a piece of chenille that my granny hemmed around the edges for one of my older cousins when he was a toddler (68 years ago). She gave it to me to use on that same bed when my daughter was born. I'm waiting on her to have a baby and it will be hers again. Your posts are always so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your unique touches, Jacqueline...the lovely printed pages, the darling bow, and such pretty linens in the darling basket of eggs.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Sometimes simple really IS the best! You have such a talented eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your crooked wire basket and I love your idea of using the books pages in the baskets for your spring display.

    As usual - LOVELY LINENS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so sweet together! Loving that chenille bow it's so shabby perfect! I have that same book...isn't it wonderful~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the bird's eggs in and around the vignettes. Always so lovely here at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely white Wednesday indeed!! All of your decorations and arrangements look lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such lovely vignettes, jacqueline:)
    love the little peat pots with your printed cards on your sidebar, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your own lovely treasures highlight the seasons and holidays so prettily, Jacqueline. I love your wire egg basket! And Miss Holden is a favorite of mine... she perfectly captures the way each month looks and feels outside. Hoping your day is as sunny as ours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh love it..very soft an(:) gentle..

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty and so simply done. I love the pages from the book and the egg basket. It all looks so lovely. Enjoy your day, Jacqueline.

    ReplyDelete
  13. harika gozukuyorlar..
    sevgiler:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such beautiful and simple photos and items. I must say for simple, the y are GORGEOUS!!! Love the first one with the dish and the baskets are so pretty as well as the linens.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty as always, my favorite is the platter, love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how beautiful are these spring vignettes!!! I can see why you adore that egg basket, it is wonderful and you made it even more wonderful with that lovey doily in the bottom.
    It's always a joy to see how you decorate your lovely home!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soft, simple, perfect! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful baskets - you make them even more special with your pretty embellishments! Love the linens...Hope you have a lovely weekend, Jacqueline! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just adore your beautiful vintage baskets! I finally feel as though spring is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Edith Holden book, and often have it open to whatever month we're in. That chenille bedspread bow is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Easter baskets are precious, elegant and perfect! The bunny would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So so lovely...baskets, bows & eggs ~ oh my! We use the Country Diary china as our everyday dishes, always makes me smile!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  23. I spent most of 1 day and lots of ink! copying the "Diary..." and pasting the pages on a wall of our bathroom as wallpaper.Lots of positive comments on how unique and pretty it is.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful baskets. Love the neutral looks.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful baskets!!! I loooove all details about them!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady has always been a favourite of mine and I love the way you have woven it into your Easter/spring vignettes Jacqueline. Such timeless beauty that I'm thrilled to feature at the Shabbilicious Friday party tomorrow.
    Hugs and Happy Easter,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jacqueline, I love your style! The basket has such a unique shape and I love the graphics from the book.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!