Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

The Little Patio Herb Garden



Our little herb garden got a bit of a later start this year. We had to round up what we could from several quick jaunts out to find the right plants from here and there. But we always seem to add on to things as the season wears on anyway. 





This little patio gets a bit of dappled shade throughout the day and subdues the intense afternoon sun in our hot and dry summers. It's perfect for little herb pots. Plus being right outside the door, we are easily reminded when a bit of timely watering is needed!






I am a bit of a collector of vintage garden pots and planters. Anything chippy, rusty and metal is hard to resist. Pretty garden ornaments add interest to any garden space, especially those with a bit of age for romance.






There is a friendly mix of pots this year. (We mostly just use what we already have.) And we also added a bit of whitewash on some of them to soften the look.






I love having a few vintage watering cans around too. Besides being handy, they also add so much character! They are always filled up again at the end of a watering session so they are ready to grab at the first sign of need in between.






I have had this iron "cloche" for a few years and sometimes think of replacing the glass it once had. (There are tabs in place for that.) But I just like its sculptural appeal.






And I'm always on the look out for the odd pot stand at markets and yard sales too.






I honestly never met a metal garden chair that I didn't like!






A newer Italian pot keeps company with an old McCoy. And that metal orb just makes me smile.







A few indoor plants take a summer vacation out here too, like my Oxalis and a new English ivy.






Can never have too much fresh basil!?  Such a pleasure to watch it grow.






There are a pair of those little rusty antique iron pots. They don't even need to be planted to add a little garden ambiance.







The rest of the patio still needs a little dressing, and it's almost time for the patio umbrella to be added to the table before it gets too hot.






But it seems like we are just about ready for some leisure early mornings out here to start our summer days. They always go by so fast!








Thanks for visiting our little corner of the world!

I hope you are finding beauty in yours!

Jacqueline










10 comments:

  1. Lovely! We do have a collection of the metal watering cans hanging around the garden. There is always room for another plant. This week when I go to the market I will be on the look out for some white flowers, not my "live-in gardeners" favorite, but I love them. I always love seeing what you are doing in your sweet patio garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love this spot J, It looks so quiet and secluded. Love all the white and sculptural variety. pretty pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve created such a charming little spot Jacqueline! 🌿💚 Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your sweet little patio and pretty chairs and table. Such a cute and lovely place to be.
    Happy New Week Jacqueline.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh when you said you got a late start. My basil MIGHT be 1/4 inch tall. Certainly no taller. And then I see your big, beautiful basil and wonder if I'll have any before August!

    I love the mix of pots. I do that, too and I just like it. What a beautiful patio or terrace for your garden. I would spend a good deal of time sitting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly have a lovely spot for your plants, and to just sit in some shade. I love all your pieces, it will be wonderful to visiti again when it is in full bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ... a place to relax.
    I wish you much joy.
    Kind regards from Viola
    Yes - Tolkien :-))) very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely place to relax, Jacqueline! White is so pretty with greens! Love all of your chippy metal goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your garden treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!