Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Favorites


Once in a while I'm asked about my favorite color. Are you? Or someone will say. White is your favorite color isn't it?



I do love white. Probably everybody sees that. But I don't often have an answer to the question of a favorite.



A color, a movie, a food, a season, one of my children. I couldn't possibly choose just a single one of any of those things.



It all depends on context doesn't it? This time of year I love more dark colors. Especially browns. But I'm sure that I'm far from alone in that! I guess it's a natural.



One of the joys of an online blog is the chance to actively embrace a lot of different delights. And some active thinking about what those "likes" are.



I tried to fit in about ten hours of fun into the "extra" hour we got this weekend, and got a lot done. On the other hand, it almost felt like a vacation. 



It was a weekend full of a lot of "favorites". Reading, a bit of shopping, a movie, a little hard work. I even talked on the phone with a few of my "favorite" children.



I also ordered a DVD of series two of Downton Abbey that was released today by Amazon UK, and it's on its way! (Maybe I do have a few very favorite things after all! :0)



Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the changes in the season!
Have a great week!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


Join me at
Metamorphosis Monday
Table Top Tuesday

20 comments:

  1. Jacqueline, simply gorgeous, that is one of my very favorite patterns on the plate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your browns in the quilt, the plate pattern is gorgeous and Julian Fellows has outdone himself w/ the "Downton Abby."
    Some of my favorites too.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, it is never really bright here in Sweden. Beautiful table settings you have made and I love the canvas that I call patchwork. Have a nice day.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. Love how you put the quilt on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love browns too. It all looks so pretty! Have a great week, T

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vintage quilt looks stunning on the table! I love it. ASD

    PS. My dear, I have moved my web address to the new link: http://asuperdilettante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your neutral colours with whites. So calming and comfortable. I also noticed your new header photo. Beautiful! Have a lovely week Jacqueline. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, Jacqueline. I also adore the BBC series.

    Wonderful post.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! Whites and brown together...nice...very nice...beautiful even....love the quilt too...Mel's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oohhh Jaqueline it's all so beautiful calming and serene. And Downton Abby is a fave of mine too *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so Good! I love it! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilt is beautiful!
    Love visiting you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures show off some of your favorites so nicely, Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilt and the china. The white linen underneath is so precious! My problem is, I have way too many favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful table, love the guilt with the white under it. Your dishes are beautiful, just perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also love neutrals and white...can't go wrong. Lovely presentation:)

    di

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for such a warm and cozy post today. And I can't wait till season two of Downtown Abbey makes it stateside!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I so love all of these beautiful neutral tones. The babysbreath is fabulous, the white is wonderful and of course the quilt is sensational. Gorgeou tablescape. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post. I'm a mixed bag on favorites. Sometimes I love shabby chic, other times the all white look, and other times the browns, leathers, rich colors.

    xo Abby

    P.S.

    Thanks so much for your recent visit and lovely comment on my blog...I sincerely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!