Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Vintage Wire, Tin, and Iron


There's such a great look to vintage metal. But who can really explain its wide appeal? I love the gray and the grid of this old flower frog, for instance.




White painted metal is one of my favorites like this old lighting fixture. Maybe it will illuminate a room again someday. Maybe not. Its beauty earns its keep while I wait for inspiration to strike.




I like using antique tin ceiling tiles as a backdrop for vignettes. They provide so much movement, texture, interest, and beauty, while remaining quietly effective.




This layered still life has a number of metal components, from the tin tile backdrop to the rusty cap on the vintage bottle.




These cast iron gate sections from France will probably end up in my garden, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them front and center inside the house too.




I did finally commit this tile to a board covering my fireplace opening, but it played a major role in this set up.




A tin tile remnant is a perfect back splash for my range exactly as I found it.





Cast iron urns and metal lawn furniture in white are the height of romance to me.




This little white wire fence adds so much to this composition, but with all the other surfaces you hardly notice it at first.




When I especially like a certain arrangement I end up with a million pictures! Ha! Here I was loving my vintage galvanized water cans.





One of my favorites contains my lilacs while it shows off its sprinkle rose full of character. Say cheese!




I found this aged metal urn at auction. It held my Christmas tree this past year. You can see it here.





My metal artifacts travel both inside and outside regularly. Metal ornaments enhance a small patio or garden area so well, and you don't have to worry about wind and rain, or sun exposure. Those things may even make it better!




There are so many beautiful designs in metal tiles. And I hardly ever use these wire planters for actual plants. I find too many uses for them inside.












Another cast iron urn (not so old) and a vintage tin flower basket on my hearth. Metal is one of my most desired decorating components, especially in white. It adds a depth and character I just wouldn't want to live without!

Ciao! for now!
Jacqueline



22 comments:

  1. Loved the tour of your metals! esp the watering cans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most enticing eye candy. Thank you for allowing me to wake up to beauty (aside from my husband);) tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos! They are all gorgeous. The smoking tobacco tin is such a wonderful piece! I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your vignettes but I'm especially drawn to the white painted metal lighting fixture and your lilacs... very inspirational x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqueline,
    Thank you so much for the comment on my blog!
    I am having so much fun meeting such sweet and talented people from all over.
    I love New Mexico...we thought about moving there once.
    Have a wonderful weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of great pieces. We have an antique store nearby that has a ton of the old ceiling tiles and I often thought to buy one or two but wasn't sure how to display them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all your metals Jacqueline!!
    Love the way it's all displayed...fantastic photos!!!

    Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqueline, stopping by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Beautiful post as always, and the new header is lovely. I'm going to miss the old header though. I won't get to visit my favorite piece of transferware, the little covered dish with cow finial. ;-)
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum-eeeee! I love all the metal, whiteness and chippiness! The vignettes are just wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacqueline, I love all your vintage metal. I have an open urn, actually two, like your white one you got. Mine are a pale green with rust and a yellow with rust. I have had them for years. I just added a plant to the green one on the front porch. I have never used it there before. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photo spread! I really enjoyed this and wished I had every piece. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Post, Wonderful Metal & Fabulous Vignettes.... Have a Lovely Day~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacqueline, Your photos and vignettes are gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. It just feels like you could just relax and "breathe" around all of these beautiful things.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is gorgeous! I'm now following. Thanks for your kind comment at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful...especially love the 3 roses in their vases..:)))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you have done with everything. They look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it all! So vintage, so pretty, so perfect for creating a romantic atmosphere in and around your home.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beauty. You have done a beautiful decorating job. Thanks for sharing your loveliness. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Jacqueline,
    These pieces are all wonderful, very romantic - lovely combinations like you usually do - inspiring,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have some very beautiful pieces. I love old ceiling tiles although I don't yet own any. It's all so gorgeous & I appreciate you linking up!

    xoxo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmmm. I love old metal, too. Give me patina, tarnish, rust, and chippy paint - thanks for showing your lovely pieces! It makes me want to jump up and head out on a treasure hunt right now!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!