Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Celebrating September


Well, hello to September! It's arrival always seems so sudden to me, and then everything changes. The hardest part so far seems to be trying to keep from buying too many fall magazines! Haha! But I have been really selective so far. This one has great pictures and some recipes I'm going to try. And the cover has the soft colors that I like.




I always highlight the new season with more texture than bright color. There is always plenty of that outside. But I do love the woodsy and cozy elements that this time of year brings.




We have already started off with a few hearty soups and stews. It is green chili time in our town, and the smell of roasting hot peppers dots the atmosphere here and there, especially at the weekend farmer's markets. I'll have to try to get a few pictures of chili season to share. There was a time when I went no where without a camera at hand, but those days seem to be past.




But I do start to think of having more folks gathered around this table at the center of our little house. Simple late breakfasts and suppers are my favorite sort of thing. Especially on a Sunday. 




It's also a relaxing time to gather my favorite things together in the new early autumn light.




I'm ready for some woodsy walks to gather up more twigs and brambles and branchy things to decorate a little with, or just to tuck in here and there. I never end up doing any more than that.




Our days have turned mild and a bit cooler. Just perfect actually! Nature is so kind to move us gradually in any new direction.




I will do the same with slow changes around the place. Just a tweak here and there to signal that September is here. Early fall is such a cheery time of year!
































Thanks so much for all your comments and visits! Some of you pop in sort of incognito with a nice message for me, and I have no way to answer back. But I appreciate so much the lovely comments that you leave for me too! Really brightens up my days.

I hope this September is a lovely one for you!

Jacqueline









15 comments:

  1. I dropped all my magazine subscriptions, so what do I do? Buy them all at the store. And more. Just something about fall that makes me want to buy them. Happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always great to see a new post from your lovely Blog! The summer has flown by here on the West Coast of Canada and we are getting ready to head back to Arizona in October for our winter.
    Have a wonderful Autumn...
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful! Love your inspiration photo also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your pics as always Jacqueline. Fall is on our heels for sure. In the midwest we are already seeing some of the leaves beginning to change. We still have hot summer days but cool nights with some rain so perfect combination to have the leaves begin to change. I am a summer girl but I am actually looking forward to a nice fall. Crisp cool mornings and sweater weather.
    Happy Labor Day.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. You capture the quieting down of the world from frantic summer fun so eloquently and gracefully in your photos and set-ups. The soft colors work for a day like today -- rainy, dark, September.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fall photos, Jacqueline! Your blog is like reading a magazine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has cooled off a little in Colorado which is appreciated. And, I always appreciate your take on a new season --- the pictures are lovely. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to fall. I am a fall girl and love entertain during the cooler months.

    Summer in NJ was tough. Very humid and torrential rains. Looking forward to going outside and be able to take a breathe.

    Beautiful images as always.

    Enjoy the rest of your day

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post. I love your subtle take on the warmer tones of fall decor. Your creamware is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello
    nous avons pas la possibilité d'avoir ce genre de magazine en france
    j'adore le blanc
    c'est reposant et élégant
    j'adore l'automne
    merci pour ce généreux partage
    à bientôt
    edith

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how things are nodding to Fall/Autumn now right here in your wonderful post. I have been trying to resist until Sept. 22nd when it is officially over. It is hard to wait because the season brings it's own sort of beauty, which you have portrayed so wonderfully. I think I saw that magazine somewhere, now must remember where. Yes, they are so tempting to want to buy all of the magazines. Selective is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it all looks so beautiful!

    Beautiful fall magazines are my only magazine splurges. I actually collect them, and every year I look forward to getting them back out in August. No matter how old the issues are they are timeless!

    I would love to invite you to link up your beautiful fall posts at Thursday Favorite Things each week. The party starts at 9:00 a.m. EST Thursday-
    midnight Sat.
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/beautiful-ideas-for-september-at-thursday-favorite-things/


    Hope to see you there!

    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacquline,

    Sorry I am so late seeing your lovely post, but we were traveling in Canada. You do such an amazing job with your little tweaks around the house. I realized reading your blog today that not only are you a fantastic photographer, but you are a great writer. I enjoy reading your words and they paint a picture of the changing season. You don't need to carry your camera everywhere when you can paint such a wonderful picture with your words.
    dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always love seeing all your lovely whites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!