Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Simple Fall Pleasures



Well, hello again, my friends! I thought I would pop in for one of my "day in the life" posts since September has decided to fly on by. We got in a little travel, had family in a few times, went for a mountain picnic on the first day of fall, and fit in all the real life stuff in between the cracks. Isn't September beautiful?




Since an organized post hasn't made it's way into my days lately I thought I would just let you follow me around my beautiful life today. I call it beautiful because it is filled every day with so many things that I love to look at. If you saw the whole picture you would see a pretty good mess, but here in my nursery/guest/work room where I fold laundry, iron, and do shop stuff, there is always something to give me a lift, and the time to reflect on the big things that we always have to deal with in life. Here is a sweet little lamp that I found thrifting yesterday, for instance.




A new lamp shade, and voila! Ready to go!




You have to sift through a lot of nothing much in order to find the gems like this set of lacy cut work napkins that turned up at the same picking place. But it's the sifting through and turning things over, the sizing up and hunting down that is so therapeutic when you just need a day away from it all. And what a bonus! Even if it is the only thing you find!









I am considering for yet one more time whether or not to pass on to someone else this over sized vintage edition of Redoute rose prints.





It looks so beautiful, and makes a nice display among my lacy things.





I found some sweet frilly tops that are on their way to the shop. But they make the room so cheery while they are still hanging around.










The vintage wood hotel hangers that I use for display are only ten cents a piece at my favorite thrift store. You can find some too!




I always look like a giant froufy lamp shade when I try to wear something like this (lol!), but I just love the look of them on display.














Another fall thrifting obsession I get this time of year is balls of fluffy yarn in neutral colors. This was from only three bags of yarn costing only two or three dollars each. I usually knit something simple when the weather turns, but I think I will do a bit of crocheting this year.




This one is wool. . .




And there are a few fluffy balls of a mohair blend with an adorable vintage label attached.





I may make a dolly sweater or two because they work up fast and you think you have accomplished something. But I enjoy the cozy look of yarn just sitting around. (I forgot I was going to show this with my nice wooden knitting needles poking out.)








I am goofy enough to enjoy even the names given to colors so I leave them attached after taking off the labels that I don't love.




September also brought another lovely shop event (with lovely ladies) that we hosted this month at Cielo Heavenly Home Decor where I have space. Vintage is my life!




Okay, so I also waded through the latest tempting batch of fall magazines and selected this one from Victoria.




They have gotten smart and often include some luscious white decor in the center of the mix for all of us white addicts. Do you see me turning this down?





And heaven help us! the Christmas editions are starting to come out!!!




Finally, this scrumptious new book arrived at my house yesterday too. I always love a new book that gets my heart rate up a little when I flip though the pages. See what I mean about a beautiful life?





I know there are people who really do live like this, but this is just a wonderful daydream to me.





What might actually happen to me in a dreamy kitchen like this? Cooking maybe?





I love the collage-y section headings. Really a gorgeous book. 





I don't do any actual fall decorating. Just a few things get set down and shifted around. Still plenty of time for tucking things in on the mantel.







Thanks a bunch for tagging along!

 Your lovely comments add so much to my days.

It's wonderful sharing the simple pleasures in every day with you!

Jacqueline





&

Create-Bake-Grow-Gather-sidebar-button

16 comments:

  1. Jacqueline---What a wonderful peek into your beautiful life. I am loving everything. Even the tops which also make ME look like an overblown lampshade. lol

    That book looks awesome and that is a gorgeous kitchen...but I would have flour spots all over the cannisters and grease on the ones the flour missed. lol

    I hope you have a beautiful night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. your white lacy tops are like confections. A white gauzy top with jeans is one of my summer "go-to" outfits. Love your oh-so-pretty tags for the shop. I find the "day in the life" posts are often the most special and endearing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post--the comforting and peaceful photos of your lovely pieces made for a very pleasant read. Loving that little lamp and have a suggestion that those lacy napkins might look real nice covering the lampshade. I've stripped new lampshade frames and then covered them with vintage fabrics and it's pretty easy to do. Drop me an email if you can sew and would like the instructions. 123beulahbee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go back to the farm and get my knitting stuff. I love all the colors. My house is all shades of ream and maple. I always wanted a white house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so gorgeous Jacqueline! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh thank you for sharing Jacqueline! So many beautiful things to see today~
    I truly enjoyed each photo and caption & expression~ You bless my day : )
    Hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I so love your lifestyle and home... If only I could be that organised...

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thank you Rebecca for sending this email! I know many of you cannot comment directly on this blog.

    Dear Jacqueline,



    As I hurried through my blog bookmarks today, it was so nice to see your post. Almost all of my favorites are no longer blogging, I suppose, or are very busy and almost quit. I can certainly understand that it must be quite time-consuming. I have so enjoyed seeing the lovely ideas and pictures that kindred ladies share. Your blog imparts such a quiet peace to me. Today, I was so pleased to see the picture of the book you pictured. I had never heard of the book or the author until last week when a new-to-me blogger mentioned getting it. Yesterday, I sent my husband a link because he has been asking what I would like for my birthday, October 9th. I rarely spend for new books like this, but there have been a few come into my life that I have enjoyed to my heart’s content, and gotten my money’s worth many times over. I just had an idea that this one might be one of those. So, I loved you talking about it!



    Have a lovely autumn. My husband’s birthday is Sunday…we are both fond of the season. I suppose I am not the only one having that cozy feeling of “battening down the hatches” for winter. It is nice to hear how others are enjoying this special time of year. I hope to get started reading some charming book, like Wind in the Willows, or a Miss Read book. J



    Thank you for giving your readers glimpses into your lovely pastime. I have a friend in Arizona who is begging me to come see her. Perhaps I can come to the shop where your things are some day…



    Have a blessed weekend,

    Rebecca in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...this post was such a pleasure to read, Jacqueline! Every photo was full of beautiful and cozy!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Oooh, I love it all! Every last white and ecru-filled picture! I've always loved white and ecru and all the neutral shades. They are calming, I think. I am ever striving for the look on those pages in my own house, but I never quite get there! Too much clutter, I think!

    I passed up the last Victoria magazine I saw on the news stand but I may just go back and buy it after seeing some of what's inside. Also, the book you got in the mail has some very enticing photos. I am so magazine and book poor, as my mother would say, that I have no business bringing another of either into my house! But, they are such a source of dreams and fantasies! One of my biggest entertainments. But some are getting really pricey these days. Have you noticed? $10. and $12. and up for some. But that's true of a lot of things now. I come from an era where most things seemed affordable. But that's progress, I guess. Or is it??

    Well, I'll close now and thanks for a lovely post. I'll be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to be able to visit your shop as I love all those lacy tops and your beautiful linens. This new book is on my wish list.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy your lovely posts. They are always full of beautiful photos and gorgeous linens. They are a treat for the eyes and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, so very beautiful. Real calm and peace in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous fall post filled with all the beauty we've come to expect from you Jacqueline. Your eye for beautiful linens always thrills me and that Redoute rose print book is exceptional.... you really must keep that for YOURSELF.

    Thank you for sharing this very calming post at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your gorgeousness at tonight's party and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!