Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Nudging Toward Spring





Sometimes it doesn't take much to inspire me. This little chamomile bouquet is enough to do it for today.




Such a cheery bloom! And just perfect for "cottage."




We have emerged from the latest cold snap, and it has me thinking of spring. That, and all the newest magazine covers. Have you noticed how gardening always turns up as a theme in January? But even this month is already over!





I've been paring things down and getting rid of stuff. Do you find yourself doing that too at the start of the year? But in my case, that often means just making room for something new.





I'm still gravitating toward a simpler farmhouse style. Still loving ironstone, textured linen, and grain sacks.





I am living with fewer accessories. (At least I am telling myself that!) And I no longer collect little vintage embroidered dish towels like this one. Except when I do! Haha!





Just too charming to pass up. It takes me to some place that I doubt exists in the real world anymore. (If it ever really did!)





But "china" is one of my other inspirations, like this set of old mixing bowls I recently found. (One of the things to make room for.) I find that these hefty old things hold up better than anything new that I buy.




So lucky to find a set of four, even with all the signs of wear. . . .















A turn of the calendar can leave me feeling energized. 





Ready to take on something new.





But then again . . . , maybe it's only the chamomile talking! 













What's inspiring you today?

Hope it's a great new month for you!

Jacqueline







15 comments:

  1. We all must feel the urge to clean and clear out at the start
    of spring.
    Merle.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those daisies are so welcome on a cold and snowy day like today! And I love your sweet sample and of course the transferware. Happy week and good luck with lightening up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, Jacqueline. The flowers, adorable tea-towel,gorgeous mixing bowls and brown transferware. Whew...this has it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always so beautiful there and the bowls are wonderful. The chamomile must smell wonderful. I need to get some seeds for the city house. I'm in the mood for spring too and today is a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqueline,
    I don't know how you do it, but you always make everything so pretty using a soft, simple style. I love the hint of Spring with the pretty flowers and as always I love the vintage dishes.
    Have a lovely week.

    hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pics, as always.

    I am ready for a new month and waiting for spring.

    Your bouquet brightens the senses to be sure. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a resolution to try and get rid of some stuff but it is such hard work! But I will try to keep at it. Must try really hard to fight the urge to collect things. Battle battle.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your right Jacqueline, the influence of a great cover shot takes our senses to a short time forgotten place in the garden. Be it spring flowering in our yards or porch sides it always encourages the new birth of new beauty. Love your vignettes with white daisies tucked in a basket. Nothing says spring then the simplicity of a love me love me not Daisy.

    I too go through a bit of cleaning and thinning out, out with the old in with the old :)
    I kind of go through this about 2 times a year, right before winter and right before spring, always ready for a cozy winter decluttered and then again ready for spring and the fresh air that fills my space.

    Beautiful here my dear,mand looking forward to all you do to your cottage that simplifies your living.

    Xx
    I have up a new post, simple brocante.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I need a spark of inspiration, Jacqueline. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are so inspiring! Wind and rain over here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hint of spring with your flowers is indeed inspiration. I need to get the cleaning bug! Maybe over spring break. Your photos are beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jacqueline, this little chamomile plant is so very sweet and definitely makes me think of spring and all things 'new'. Always love seeing what lovelies you have found and added to your cozy nest. The little dishtowel is just so precious and your new mixing bowls are wonderful. So many ideas are going through my mind of what they might hold.....biscuits, holiday decorations, even the little chamomile plant! I am really looking forward to spring.....we just got 2 feet of snow! All I can do is dream....thank you for giving me inspiration <3 Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heart skipped a beat when I saw those mixing bowls! What a wonderful find. You always have the most wonderful photographs! I am still living in a mess, but the finish line is very close. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so pretty daisies. They always look so fresh and cottagey. those bowls are so rustic and lovely.
    We are still in the heat of Summer but after a week of 40s c we have a cooler week,so nice to be able to get out in the garden and tidy up all the sun scorched plants.
    jeanette ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is nothing like a lovely bouquet to liven up a room.

    Your photos always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!