Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

What I Brought Home With Me





Glad to be home!  We certainly had a wonderful time seeing a part of the country that we have wanted to visit for a long time. But we seem to have also added onto our "places to visit" list as well. I always hope to find great shops wherever I travel, but our recent road trip to the south didn't have that focus. Despite that, we did find just a few places to check out along the way. After Oklahoma I never did find a market that had much of what I was looking for. And coming back home through Texas we did not shop at all. But I did manage to end up with a few fun things along the way.




One of my favorites is this little display shelf/rack made from an antique chair seat. It has that chippy perfection that I adore. The old bent metal knobs give it even more character!  I have it hung on an old door for now. (I found the little glass birdcage waterer and the adorable little baby shirt on the trip too.) 



This old hamper with the hinged lid was a happy find. I'm a little bit crazy for chippy painted wicker.








I found little in the way of vintage linens. I find I must agree with some of you that have told me that you think that Albuquerque is a good market for linen. I found three of these beautiful lacy doilies together for a steal, though.












The soft design of Roseville pottery is all so appealing, but I have never made the move to buy any until now. These colors made me melt! 




Shutters fly out of the shop as fast as I put them in, and I was lucky to find several in different sizes. I also never pass up an old white vintage frame with pretty details. The chippy peg rack with blue glass knobs made me giddy!








A pretty rose print already in the perfect white frame. . .




The softest pink crochet on this pair of vintage pillowcases. Barely used.




A nice long crocheted runner. Gorgeous. Not a bargain.




Another nice big white basket.




A  very long and beautiful net lace runner. Steal.




A lovely antique pulled thread tablecloth at a reasonable price. Irresistible.




A hefty old ironstone serving dish. Bargain.




A sweet brown transferware soup bowl. There were two. One didn't survive the trip. (sad face)












I love white pottery, and this squarish design with the flowers made me pay more than I usually would. But it was a fairish price.




Three little ironstone soap dishes found together at a bargain price! (happy face) The monogrammed dresser cloth is my souvenir from the Whistle Stop Cafe trip.  In all, not really what you call a haul, but far from coming home empty handed. (Ask me if I had fun!)

Thank you so much for cheering me on while I was away! So nice to have you follow along with me and giving me such good feedback. I am looking forward to getting back to business and catching up with all of you.

Jacqueline





18 comments:

  1. You always find the loveliest things Jacqueline.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love that back stamp on the brown transferware? ---- almost as pretty as the front! We're going on a road trip soon, and I hope to get some shopping (at least some looking)in. I never like to come home empty handed, even though this trip that will not be the focus. Three of my cousins and I (plus spouses) are meeting up at a lake house. We are all very close in age and were raised together on adjoining farms. Should be a whole lot of fun! Glad you are home safe. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found so many goodies. I love the frame and the pillow cases with the pink crochet, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great goodies! Love the doilies and linens. I go crazy over anything in the old white pieces. Oklahoma is definitely a great place to vintage shop at good prices.

    Glad you had a great trip.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely finds~ My heart is swooning over the rose print and the Roseville pot. Love them both. You make me want to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, although you say you didn't find many places to peruse, you came home with some really nice pieces! Enjoy the pieces you decide to keep! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The white pitcher was my favorite. I too love creams and whites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you did well to purchase such a mixed bag of beautiful things. The chippy baskets had me drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a knack for finding special things. The patina on the ironstone platter is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take the dresser cloth please. It nearly has my initials right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That couldn't be more artfully curated if you had an entire museum at your disposal. Such a fine set of examples of Victorian and early 20th century design. I'm like you and can't pass up beautiful linens!
    Thanks for the beautiful post, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed traveling along with you and
    getting to see your wonderful finds.
    Your blog shares such exquisite beauty.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jacqueline,
    you always come up with the best finds! How sweet is that baby shirt!
    I love anything chippy white, love the shutters! You got the best ironstone, I love it when it's all crazed and brown! Great treasures!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

  14. All your new finds are everything that looks just like you.seems like you had a good trip,with a few wonderful treasures to bring home
    Sorry about the broken brown transferware soup bowl.
    I have a silver bucket full of all the dishes I have broken over several years

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely new find ,it is such fun gathering lovely old things. So much character and gentle beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just read this and your previous post about whistle stop cafe--looks so fun!! Didn't know they had really renovated it. Was just thinking a few days ago that I ought to watch that movie. Thanks for the great tour!! You found some delightful things on your grand trip! But there's no place like home!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would be thrilled to find that vintage wicker hamper. I have a vintage white wicker collection all throughout our home. I guess I should share some of my pieces on my blog. I will always regret giving away and entire set of worn wicker when we moved across country 17 yrs ago. A settee, two chairs and a coffee table. They were our living room furniture in our first apartment right after we married. So sad that I parted with them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your finds. That shelf at the top of this post especially wins my heart. I'm sad about your bowl breakage. Looks like wonderful finds! Hope you took a big vehicle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!