Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Musings From The Rose Garden


"Do not attempt to adjust your screen!" Remember that advice from the sixties TV show the Outer Limits? Haha! Well that's the first thing I thought of when I was posting these pictures.




The colors really are this brilliant even in the morning shade along the garden walls where these photos were taken.




Somehow the firey hues seem best fit beneath the desert sun. But today it is the blooms themselves that are blindingly beautiful on this cool spring morning.




I did't choose these varieties, but their characteristics just dazzle me. See those undertones?




And the pink and yellow together is so lovely. A peace rose maybe? But this is the way spring announces herself. With trumpets.




I should be raking the lawn of twigs and branches from the storm. I should be doing the dishes or combing my hair before the neighbors catch sight of me. But instead here I am, camera in hand, waking up to a day of brilliant color.








This narrow English ironstone milk pitcher has become my go-to flower vase of late.




But this fat metal pitcher that I found a few days ago holds a more formal looking arrangement. So classic. Undeniably perfect. (Are these from your bushes? my son asks.)




There can be so much beauty in the things of this world that are not of our own choosing.






I hope it's a brilliant day for you!

So lovely that you stopped by!

Jacqueline





Join me at


12 comments:

  1. As though God took his finger and painted each one! Beautiful colorful post Jacqueline! I love love all the brilliance this time of year; it wakes me up : ) And I look forward to my own blooms (much much later:) I really like both your white vase/pitchers!
    Thanks for sharing~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roses are the perfect flower, just beautiful. I'm in the process of planting a rose garden in my new home. I've picked the ones that have the old fashioned rose fragrance. Roses remind me of my late grandmother, she always had some in her yard. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore each and every one and wish I had an entire wardrobe the color of all your roses! They're loveyl -- and look so nice in the white pitchers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely roses you have in your garden. Mine are not yet in bloom , I'm patiently waiting to see the new ones we planted in our new pink rose garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous- love how each flower is unique and the colors are fantastic! The white pitchers are perfect! I've been known to sneak out for early morning pictures of my gardens in my PJ's hoping no neighbor's see me! Wishing you a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! I can not get enough of your lovely photos... Enjoy every minute in your rose garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning J,
    Fluffy and Frilly... perfection!!

    You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to – The Outer Limits.

    couldn't resist :-)

    Hugs,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  8. The roses are such lovely colors. I do not know why I do not have several at this home but had about 14 at other home I lived in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The roses are so beautiful and your photography is exquisite! My mom and dad had beautiful roses there in the desert of Albuquerque--Steve doesn't like roses so much (I do not even understand that!)and at the time we lived there, I was too busy with kids and life to be planting them. So I have lots now, but I still miss Alb so much!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacqueline you have the most delicious colors of roses! I need some in those shades. Beautiful! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!