Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Shabby Valentine Bunting








I still love to make valentines, and this year I got the idea to make a quick and easy "shabby" style  bunting that reminds me of old love letters.



 I cast around thrift stores for old papers. Not only are they super cheap, but they already have the aged look that craft stores can only replicate. I used cards from an old recipe file that already had the holes punched in them, and got out my stash of ink stamping stuff. I kept to a pale design and only used faded black ink for the look I wanted.



It's very overcast, and this is all set up under a sky light in my back hall. It's all fuzzy, but I wanted the bunting to show against a blank wall.



The doilies are from a vintage box that probably came from an old restaurant supply. Each is simply folded in half, laid across ordinary string, and secured with a glue stick along the fold. I kept it simple with only a single stamp design at the center of each doily.









The old valentine candy box (vintage Nabisco) is also a thrift store find.



This is a single large stamp design already composed on a large block. I can stamp the whole thing,  as I did here. or only a portion of it somewhere else.






The cards are held in place by knotting ribbon along the string to keep the cards from slipping. I like the curl the ribbon makes coming right off the spool. I used what I had on hand, but was glad to find the  super thin pink satin and a sheeny white stripe ribbon in my stash. I knotted one of each strand together at each place with a single tie, being sure to leave random ragged lengths.










Welcome to February!

I hope it's a fun and beautiful month for you!


Jacqueline



Join me at





23 comments:

  1. Oh, J- this is awesome- you nailed it perfectly with every detail - well done my friend, very very well done - romantic, soft, sweet, quiet and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! What a perfectionist you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Jacqueline!!! I love the bunting and that heart is so, so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How charming, Jacqueline...I love how you used the doilies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another sweet and creative idea from Jacqueline! This would be lovely for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so precious! Lovely vignette with the old candy box, too. Very sweet! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post today Jacqueline. I love Valentine's Day but hate all the cheesy merchandise that is always out there. You really captured it for me...soft, vintage, romantic. Thank you it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

  8. I am drawn to any old papers and boxes.
    Love the vintage valentine CANDY BOX WOW love it
    also love your pretty paper garland string
    you always have the best pictures of your creations in vignette


    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sweet garland you made. It all looks so pretty. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how pretty! The Valentine candy box is beautiful! So sorry for the loss of your family members Jacqueline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo soft and lovely Jacqueline! Beautiful vintage charm. What a clever idea~ Very inspiring~ Stay warm : ) ~Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacqueline that is just the cutest idea. If I didn't know better and had to guess, I'd say you made it. Looks just like you. Love the ribbons ties between the cards. The old candy box was a great find. It sure looks old, do you know if it is? So pretty no matter what..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! The Valentine box is vintage from the Nabisco food manufacturer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never seen a Valentine candy box like that before. Pretty! You have some lovely pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful. Your photos always take my breath away.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the bunting is wonderful, love old vintage Valentine Love.
    What could be any better then Balintones and romantic linens
    .
    Xox
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jacqueline,
    your bunting is so sweet and romantic, perfect for Valentines day! Love your stamps, been stamping for many years, made all our tags for our store and of course, my Xmas tags are all stamped. Your photos are gorgeous!
    Happy February!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jacqueline,
    The vintage Valentine Candy Box is exquisite, dear friend!!!
    Charming Valentine Bunting!!!
    Always filled with inspiring linens and things!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bunting is beautiful in every way and giving me all sorts of ideas I don't have time to implement for this year, unfortunately! Beautiful workmanship.

    Oh, I do love this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just popping back to let you know that I'm featuring your gorgeous Valentine bunting at Shabbilicious Friday tomorrow Jacqueline.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!