Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Accessories of Life









I just recently saw this quote posted online, "Life is cheap. It's the accessories that kill you." But the accessories don't have to kill you either if you love to thrift shop.



Something new from thrifting is always getting tucked in somewhere around our house. It's a way of life. Sometimes I know it will always be mine, like the new marmalade jar that was my favorite find in Lubbock, TX recently. But forever is a long time. Who can say?



I scooped up this delightful basket last week. It's auditioning under a table in the sitting room. (But baskets almost always get a permanent position around here.)




I'm constantly thinking about sewing custom basket liners, but about as far as I ever get is draping a pretty vintage linen towel or such over the edge.




I placed this large doily over the back of this chair two days ago to finish drying after the wash and decided I liked the view from here.




These little garden scatter tables are most likely destined for sale, but so handy for next to the couch in the meantime. (They have to set somewhere!) 




A sweet new clock from the TX trip. Already a favorite.




This new addition to my transferware babies is only two days old! 



The very last thing I was thinking was that I needed a sweet old etched mirror leaning against the hearth! Unfortunately (or fortunately) I like it here. (For the moment.)












I bought the last two of these ruffled shams at LaurieAnnas in Canton. She had them as seat cushions on a porch swing at the front door. The first thing I laid my eyes on. They are a heavy soft weave of linen and cotton, and when I looked at the label I saw that they are from Pinecone Hill. You can have some too! Here's the link.









This is the view of the spring sitting room taken through my kitchen pass-through window. The sofa is in the foreground. 


The faces of home may (or may not) change with the weather.
 But give me a life with plenty of accessories attached!

I hope it's all happening for you this week!
So nice that you came by!

Jacqueline 




Join me at

28 comments:

  1. I love to swap accessories round from time to time, it would be boring otherwise! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do this too! It's just so great to have lots of accessories. However, I did get rid of a few last Friday. i had a yard sale, mostly 'smalls', and sold 98% of what I put out. Need room for some new ones. You know how that goes. Love all your beautiful photos, and the soft calming colors. Have a beautiful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your accessories. I have been looking for a marmalade jar too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love brown transferware. That plate is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. You always find the loveliest treasures and display them so creatively.
    Hope you have a lovely Easter Jacqueline!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely dreamy ~ and I love accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finds! Those little tables match the chair on my back deck. I painted it leaf green 2 years ago. If only you weren't so far away. :( I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. Blessings. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all about accessories...you are always so inspiring with your great finds, Jacqueline! Love that marmalade jar. Definitely a keeper!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi J,
    All dressed up and the perfect accessories... oh yes to Marmalade jars, yum yum! That is one big doily, and fabulous as a topper. I do NEED some pillows, and they are lovely! I must save this link for a day when I haven't spent all my pin money in the garden, haha!! The etched mirror, to die for, delicious... I have an obsession for etched lately :-)
    Your sitting room is so cozy... I would snuggle in and never leave!
    Hugs,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Jacqueline! Wonderful finds! I agree with you when it comes thrift finds. I love rush I feel when visiting those shops and finding that special thing for a great price. Love all your whites and creams, a perfect palette for me as well. Have a wonderful day! Love ~ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I am so loving the new brown transferware platter!!! You did that just to tease me!!! Am drooling on my keyboard again.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always jump for joy when I see that you've posted something new, Jacqueline!

    Yet another gorgeous post. How I love your dishes in the cupboard in your first photo, and your photo of the doily over the chair is simply scrumptious. Layers and layers of timeworn beauty.

    Have a lovely day,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacqueline, Everything is so pretty for your spring sitting room. I can't imagine a life without accessories all around. Some call it clutter but for me it is a must have!! Love those ruffle edge pillows and your sweet little crock from Lubbock. OH and I love the clock too. One can't have too many clocks around.
    You always inspire my friend.
    Have a great mid week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jacqueline,
    I can't imagine my life without Thrift, Flea Market, Antique Shopping!!!
    Resin and platic just doesn't say "permanent" home for me.
    As I downsize, it's easy to part with the fad "trinkets" of my past life. Early Childhood Educators are notorious for those...he, he!
    I adore all of your newest "finds". This week, I'm trying to work in a day trip to my favorite Antique Mall!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely, beautiful, gorgeous finds. Your living room is so cozy, I would just love sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dreamy, lovely, gorgeous...*sigh*...:)
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is so gorgeous! I so badly want one of those marmalade jars but haven't come across one yet. Love your little basket too!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So soft and pretty - it must be dreamy in the spring sunshine! I am loving those sweet pillows and that basket is a keeper for sure! I am always wanting to sew those basket liners, too....someday, right? The mirror is very special. Wishing you a lovely Easter! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely, cheery setting for sitting down to enjoy that beautiful book. I love your new transferware find -- and those tables look very familiar! We have them at the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of the many perks of working at a vintage shop is changing things around often! Love the quote about life...so true!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jacqueline, those are wonderful finds. Home accessories can turn a house into a really cozy and personal space. I like how you arranged your finds in your sitting room; the room looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jacqueline, I love all your pretty new 'accessories'! I think the sweet little clock is my favorite, but hard to say with so many beautiful things. Lovely photos, as always.
    Happy Easter!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your accessories are always so lovely, Jacqueline, and I love seeing your finds from your travels. You incorporate them into your home in a way that makes them seem they were always there! Hoping you're enjoying your Spring nesting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhh wow... love the chair with the round doily, and the basket of course! and the marmalade jar and the wonderful mirror and your sitting room, and the cotton/linen shams ALL OF IT! Thanks for the link to the pillow covers too...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!