Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Child Inside

  
 
 
 I'm a bit torn between two lovers for the time being here on the blog! In addition to having two blogs, I'm also toggling between two computers. One in repair, and the other one too new to know the ropes. Fortunately I had a cheery draft already here in the Archive blog to work with.
 
I haven't had my usual pleasant hours to surf and blog lately, or to answer all your heartwarming notes of support for my minor troubles. I have to tell you, though, how wonderful it has been to have your voices in my head as I crank through the frustrations. Thank you so much for continuing to stop by, follow my new blog, and leave your words of encouragement. It means a lot to me.
 
 
 
 
In between computer crises and tinkering in this corner of my dining room, I've had a lot of thoughts of what a delight Christmas is for the child inside of us. We make the strongest associations to the joys of the holiday from when we are very young that never go away. I remember just what I got for my eight and nine year old Christmases especially, and how what I like really hasn't changed too much since then. There were a lot of books, and when I got a bit older, crafting, and sewing supplies. I learned to sew by reading doll clothes patterns!






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm still crazy for doll clothes, although my machine is now in mothballs. I was charmed to find a couple of these teeny wool baby shirts from a hundred (literally) years ago that fit my bears. The fuzzy friends are having a snug winter!
 
 
 

 
 I always like to have the quintessential toy vignette set up somewhere in the house. And I admit that it's not strictly for the children!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
The dining room is often Santa Central now. The gift wrap is leaning up against the high chair, and the old-fashioned boom box is nearby playing carols. Lots of fooling around to do in the lead up to the big weekend before Christmas when the family rolls in from all parts of the country and the quiet little fantasy bubble bursts. So I'll just carry on with my midnight reveries and rose-colored memories while the music plays on, thank you. All the while a bit of "tin" tinsel,  elfin magic, and percolating bubble lights still glow a little inside of me about this time every year. . . .

 








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I hope you still get the warm fuzzzies over Christmas for a moment or two this year. If not, maybe you should break out a few new toys! 
 
Enjoying the process,
Jacqueline
 
 
 
 

 
Join me at

9 comments:

  1. Such a cute post.

    Your fuzzy bears are simply delightful - and that antique wool sweater is a great treasure!

    I find Christmas beautiful and inspiring and fun, definately.

    Wish I had G babies to make it more so, but hopefully that will come. Who knows (but not counting on it though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep,I am enjoying it all Jacqueline. My teddies are all out too. Love them. Yours look so sweet in their little cardigans too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. just darling, jacqueline! years ago, i made mohair teddies and still love the adorable guys:) love the sweaters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positively adorable!! Such precious sweaters, and so lovely to think that they were worn by actual babies a hundred years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bears and the sweater at the end is just beautiful, such cozy items. Love it.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The child in me loves Christmas, Jacqueline. I hope you have a peaceful and magical wait for Christmas before the loving hordes arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, Jacqueline! It is a delightful time to slow down and enjoy sweet lights and reveries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wrote a blog post the other day about Christmas being full of nostalgia. Your post rings true with me. Love your pictures. Looks so warm, soft, and inviting. Love the details of your bears. Makes me wish I had a few around but then my kids would just want to play with them and they wouldn't stay looking so nice :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute to put a tree in the high chair! Love that! Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home and have a Merry Christmas!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!