Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Vintage Summer Monday

Something happens to me in June that I really can't explain. The preference for cottage colors comes busting out all over me just like the song. My patio furniture still needs serious dusting off but I need it NOW so I just throw something over that matches my mood. Audrey here is indulging me as model for a little vintage dress I came across.


I never use colors of this intensity any other time of the year. But they are so cheery in summer!

I learned to embroider when school was out some long summer ago when I was about nine. It was probably the most pleasing thing I had yet learned to do. And I am addicted to sweet embroidered things to this day.

My lady vase just screams "thatched roof cottage in the woods"!

How many times did YOU wake up with chenille tracks on your face after a nap?! If you're too young for this--sorry you missed it.

All this old McCoy pottery held a happy place in households not so ever long ago. Did you EVER see a more cheery color combination?


My morning glories are only about two inches high in the garden so far, but there's no need to wait!

Ciao for now! Here's wishing you a joyous Vintage Summer Monday!
Jacqueline

Please pop on over to Melinda's at Alabaster Rose Designs for more Vintage Summer Monday!

11 comments:

  1. Such pretty photos...they all do look like a summer's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about adding brighter colors this time of year. Everything is so happy & friendly - and I love the chenille :O)

    Have a great week.

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    "Celebrating the Coastal Lifestyle"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness I love your chenille collection! And yes I do remember waking from a nap with the lines on my face!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy VSM! What a wonderful display of vintage goodies!! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice vintage! Love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your vintage summery goodies that get to come out for a season. I remember the chenille bedspreads. I had one on my bed when I was little and I am sure I had ridges on my face, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the colors are so cheery indeed. Everything is very pretty. And what an adorable little model!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this blog post...Ooooh yes!! I too woke up with chenille tracks...How endearing for you to mention this is your post! you bring back those well rested late afternoon naps a child.

    Everything here reminds me of something in my past, would love to visit your shop:) but a bit far for a day trip!

    Thank you for your Visit and sweet time in leaving a comment on the place settings dinning with the birds.

    Have a passionate week.
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    Loving your burst of summer!
    I am always on the look out for embroidered goods! Can't get enough! and that rose swag is gorgeous!
    Your model did a lovely job.. she has the sweetest pink bow pout:-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI,
    I absolutely love your post!! The chenille blankets are so wonderful. I still have a few myself, and I do remember waking up with marks on my face from the pattern. They always make me think of a summer afternoon.
    Thank you so much for joining me again for Vintage Summer Monday's. I'll be back with the party sometime in July once I'm settled into my new home.
    Take care and have a great summer.
    Sincerly,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures and displays and I know all about those marks after napping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!