Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer's Ripening Breath

Talk about vintage, and it's a conversation about a classic.



Terms such as ageless, timeless, and lasting get batted around.


What we are expressing is value. Something worthwhile, and worth preserving.



A quality unsurpassed. And that's how I feel about my vintage china and linens.



Set a vintage table, and you are sitting down to a journey to the past.



The foundation here is a vintage pink Bates coverlet, overlaid with an elegant vintage filet lace tea cloth.



My vintage Royal Winton majolica bee skep pitcher is the centerpiece, with shells rather than flowers.




The vintage squared plates, used here as chargers for creamware bowls, are by Edwin M. Knowles, and say cheery, cheery, COTTAGE.





The buttery tones melt onto the white lace tablecloth with a hint of rose peeking through beneath.




Blue cornflowers balance the pinks in a surprise blooming under the creamy bowls.



This presentation has storybook written all over it.



A white stoneware platter anchors the center grouping.



And you can't have too many plain vanilla bowls!




"This day was only the first of many similar ones for the emancipated Mole, each of them longer and fuller of interest as the ripening summer moved onward. He learned to swim and to row, and entered into the joy of running water; and with his ear to the reed stems he caught, at intervals, something of what the wind went whispering so constantly among them."

Kenneth Graham, the River Bank chapter, The Wind in the Willows.



Ciao! for now! And thanks so much for stopping by!

Jacqueline

Please join Susan for more Tablescape Thursday at
Between Naps On The Porch
!
 And Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home!



17 comments:

  1. Hello :) I love those square plates!! Your whole tablescape is simply lovely :)

    Warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your vintage linens and your floral dishes are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful collection. I too am using vintage plates today.

    I'm hosting a new meme, "Summer Sundays". It's all about what summer means to YOU - like a beautiful vintage table? Hope you'll come and join the fun.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the vintage topper. It's priceless. Your tablescape is really quite pretty, inviting and one I'd love to see in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello... I love Edwin Knowles dishes... I have never seen yours before they are gorgeous! Your layered linens perfect and so charming!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say?...I've fallen in love with your bee skep majolica pitcher! I shall be dreaming of it...aaaahhhhh. and the rest of your table equally gorgeous and cottagy!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful setting! That vintage table topper is just exquisite. I love the idea of adding shells to a platter -- may have to copy that one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy you talented tablescapers! I am with Debra...I love that little pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jaqueline, I love your rectangular plates. The flowers on it are so lovely and dainty made. And that looks so very nice with the lace topper and all the little lovely things, you added to the table. Very well done. I love it.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply delicious! The rose pattern the pink and lace everything ever so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the coverlet took my breath away! I feel the same way as you do about my treasures! Just loved viewing yours,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful table setting...the square plates made perfect chargers for the soup bowls, leaving just enough of the pretty flowers showing. Thanks for sharing your table.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely treasures you have. I really enjoyed looking at this tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great items! So glad I found your blog. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I so love your rose china....those square plates are to die for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!