Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bluebird Blue Monday

Blue is not blue the way pink is pink. There seems to me to be much more variation in blue hues.

And though blue has never been a prime decorating color for me, these bluebird plates charmed me to the core the first time I laid eyes on them in Carolyn Westbrook's first book.

SHE has cupboards full, but you are looking at my entire collection of two!

Maybe HER assemblage is one of the reasons I haven't found more--haha! But I never actually go looking for anything.

I do love these blue jars that I think we should all be tired of by now, but I'm just getting started!

I inherited this hue in the carpet of TWO bedrooms when I moved into my house and decided that travel was more important to me than new carpet.

And then, when no one wanted my mom-in-law's robin's egg blue vintage Thomasville kitchen table and chairs, I had to have those too. I told myself I would paint them. But you can plainly see what color they still are!

So, I guess blue is one of the "live with it" lessons of my life.

(One of the nicest.)

Thanks so much for stopping by again!
I'm joining Smiling Sally for Blue Monday. Be sure to check it out!

Au revoir and Ciao! for now!
Jacqueline

18 comments:

  1. So pretty~ I just love the old jar blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those plates are just beautiful. What a great post and great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, the bluebird plates are so pretty. Lov ethe blue glass jars. Happy Blue MondaY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a great deal of delicacy in your shots. The colours and the china all look fragile but lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to start the week!! I love everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this blue very mutch!!!
    Happy BM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dishes...love the bluebird theme. The blue ball jars have been calling my name. I may have to find a few for the kitchen. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Careful ... blue has a way of making you LOVE it! Happy Blue Monday, Jacqueline.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I adore those blue mason jars. They look very beautiful right along side of the lovely dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those dishes; never saw them before. And I would never paint those cute little blue chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these blue items - they're gorgeous! Thanks for the great blue post and Happy Blue Monday~

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blue bird dishes are so sweet! A wonderful blue monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how perfectly beautiful!!! i love the bluebirds so!!! pretty thoughts on this Blue Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pink, too, but those chairs are fabulous! It think the color just makes them! And the dishes... adorable. I am a blue lover, and I love the infinite variety from robin's egg to turquoise to chambray to chinoiserie blue. Loved what you shared with us today.

    Happy Blue Monday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those old blue jars too ~ you've got me beat...I have one. only.... ;) I'm on the lookout though. Yes, run right out & get yourself some peonies and roses....you will be so glad you did!

    xo,
    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those plates and platter! So sweet and romantic looking!!!Happy Blue monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow these plates are splendid Sweetie...Love the lil birds and of course the pinks too.
    HBM!!! Blessings and Hugs from Dena in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Jacqueline..
    You have found the golden ticket! Blue bird plates!!!! So gorgeous!
    And... You have truly made my day! Your comment was THE SWEETEST!! I consider it to be so special, because I enjoy visting your blog just as much! You have a wonderful way with words and know how to style them through pictures.. I love that!
    And.. The shout out in your sidebar... too nice!! Thanks so much:-)))
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!