Pages

Friday, April 1, 2022

Fooled By April

 



Hello friends! Another month has slipped by. Happy April Fools Day! 





Nobody knows how the tradition started, but maybe it was the weather. Every day in April seems to surprise with drastic changes in temperature even in one day. Tricked by either by going out with short sleeves on a lovely warm morning only to be freezing by the afternoon, or the opposite: dressing too warm on a cool morning and sweltering by 5:00. At least that's how it happens here in Albuquerque! 




But I do love the layers of spring whether it's in the choice of clothing or in the unfolding of nature after a long sleep. Every day is a waiting surprise at what has bloomed, or leafed out, or greened up. The great joy of finding a daffodil or a little violet peeking through the winter brush can feel a little foolish, but we are creatures of nature after all!




Nothing cheerier than bringing the outside in! No surprise, but white blossoms are my favorite.





I'm also always wanting a display of nests which somehow seems a challenge to me. But a nice dish or bowl serves well to keep a delicate nest contained.

 



Illustrations from Maryjo Koch's book "Egg, Feather, Nest" get featured too. So many lovely pages to leaf through on a rainy (or snowy) day when the weather has fooled us again!.





I like what's inside to reflect what's going on outdoors, so little vignettes get posted everywhere while we're waiting for more vases to fill as the season moves on. As it will, all too fast.





I'm wishing you the cheeriest of springs! No fooling!




























To share something from Third Eye Thoughts on Instagram: Speak positive words into your life every single morning. Think healing. Think peace. Think happiness.






Think Spring!

April bliss to you!

Jacqueline







9 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so excited by your signs of spring. There are very few of them here and it is still quite cold (We have sprouts and that's about it.) I keep hoping. Love the nests you are sharing and those sweet branches. I think you definitely are ready to roll -- it's all absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still cold here in the midwest but Spring does seem to be wanting to come in. I see some Robins and that is a good sign. Love your spring decor. Very pretty. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see your doggies I swoon. The grouping makes me want to come and play. Your branches are lovely, they look a little like our Bradford Pear branches. But so many flowering trees look similar. We are on the spring rollercoaster. freezing one day, 70 the next. We never know what to expect... Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such beautiful images. I will be coming back to this post to enjoy the view a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that book, I think she has other ones too. I think two other books, not at home right now
    as always beautiful pictures
    last week my pussy willow bloomed, so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go soon to find some blossoms to bring inside; so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqueline, your signs of spring are so pretty. Your lovely home always looks like spring no matter what the season. The thrill of forcing spring branches is a sight that never gets old..Happy Spring to you..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your white, nests, and especially the white blossoms!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!