Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Vintage Fourth







A little goes a long way when it comes to color. And fabrics can do so much to change up a space. I was excited to get out a couple of lovely old quilts that I don't show very often here that I thought would do the trick. Turns out I had lots of options to choose from to accessorize once I got into it.





The east patio is a cozy place to set up a light feed for a small number of people, as our gatherings certainly are lately. And just the right size for setting up a little something festive.





I pulled out these denim pillows from RL that I have had for ages and that are often part of our camp set up. They are ageless after all, and set such a casual tone. The quilt is a family heirloom. 





A nice red vintage cloth underneath everything makes a big statement.







A few metal artifacts for interest. I love everything that old painted mailbox represents.











I am always looking for practical uses for my chamber pots. Here it holds some fluffy ruffled napkins and silver service. It's one more punch of white amid all the strong color! These are old salad plates from Williams Sonoma.








I have used this vintage piece of handmade lace trim for bunting before now and then. So jaunty! It seemed a bit lonely all by itself so I added a strip of torn fabric as a festoon. Just the thing.






Now how cheery is that?






Fresh herbs nearby always smell so good!














Well, that was fun! 

And just what I needed.

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend my friends!

Jacqueline







11 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely!

    Everything you found/picked, is just perfect.

    I especially love your use of your lovely old quilts.

    And your white wicker furniture. Oh my! -happy sigh-

    Thank you for doing this!!!!

    Happy 4th of July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is just lovely. Your decorations and collections are always beautiful. Have a safe and wonderful holiday.
    Take care

    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little area is so charming!! I can see sitting out there with a cup of tea and some cakes. I loved seeing your mailbox. I have an old one like it and it’s all silver with the red flag. I’m going to paint mine white like yours. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline it looks so pretty. I love those RH denim pillows. The little plates are adorable too. Happy 4th.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. July 4, 2020

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    Happy 4th of July
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely "cheery". Love the vintage quilt and the old mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqueline, this is all so special like only you can make it. The simplicity and softness takes away all the "decorating" and just leaves a very lovely setting. I love your use for the chamber pot. So much better than what it was originally intended and the mailbox just shouts Mayberry RFD, which happens to be a little of my next post..Hope your 4th was happy..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. It's cheerful, happy, understated but not too much! The plates are darling but my real swoon was your family quilt on the wicker and the red and white one too. Oh, biggest sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to see some red/white/blue with your vintage patio decor. oh those quilts and RL pillows. Can't go wrong with anything Ralph! Hope you're having a good week. sorry I missed wishing you a great July 4th weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful.....I love decorating with quilts

    ReplyDelete
  11. So festive Jacqueline! ❤️🇺🇸💙 I adore it all! And those plates are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!