Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Summery Musings





Hello Friends! Here we are in August trying to squeeze out what is left of the last of our summer days. We still have plenty of hot weather left this month, but there is no denying the changes that will creep up soon. Fortunately the next few months are some of the absolute best to be had in New Mexico!




One last blush of the rose garden, and the colors turn to fall. And this is the last celebration of pink for me in the shop for a while. Shop keeping keeps me a step ahead of things, and I have a pile of autumn flavored goodies all ready to go!   





I took these few shots just before heading out on a recent trip through the colorful Utah desert. I almost think summer hasn't happened until I get out for at least one exciting road trip of the season! Moab, Utah never disappoints. There is such young energy there. And the change of perspective is as refreshing as a dip in the sea! (Well, okay, that is an exaggeration! LOL!)




But I also love returning to routine and the usual old textures of home. The worn and weathered comforts of a vintage life. One that seems harder to find than it used to be. This thought struck me most as I traveled down the summer highway across fields and towns. How much of human experience has changed over one generation!




We move on, as one month flows into the next. And each passing summer. Savoring what each turn of the calendar brings to the landscape. Grateful for another family visit and a hug from too distant loved ones. 




I don't often look forward to fall. As much as I love it, I love summer more! But this time I feel happy to embrace both worlds at once. A foot in each season. (Did you notice the turkey design in the napkin above?)




So I let myself feel nostalgic in August. As if I actually had a choice! Feeling each cool morning afresh. Enjoying the still too warm evening air, if not the still too hot August nights! An occasional rumble of thunder and flash in the distance, or the brief violent crash of rainfall. Knowing how quickly it passes.




Letting go, and looking forward. Always.





I hope these are lovely August days for you!

Jacqueline







15 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos, Jacqueline! I definitely am aware of fall approaching here in Minnesota...still hot, but things are changing! I love seeing all of your goodies! Love that roaster pan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love visiting your blog, everything is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Moab several times, and it is beautiful! Sure does get crowded though. Your photos are stunning.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is such an exceptional place to visit Jacqueline~
    Thank you for sharing some of the beautiful white pieces!
    The linens make me swoon ; ) and the furnishings too~
    I really enjoyed my visit.
    I love the Summer too; and could linger there a lot longer
    than I will be allowed! : )
    Have a blessed reset of August. Hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shop space is adorable. I think that I'm ready for some cooler weather. I hate to rush summer but this one has been so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your linens are lovely. I always admire your photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are always so pretty. I swoon whenever you post. Happy Friday. Have a wonderful weekend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I opened your post, I knew it would be filled with beautiful pictures. Love them all. I would visit your shop often. Always wonderful treasures

    Have a super weekend

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post, beautifully written and lovely photos.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have noticed the leaves started to drop on the cherry trees, they bloom early and got to rest for winter earlier than the rest. I will welcome the cooler days, but mostly less humidity. I love Moab and all of Southern Utah and I love a visit to your blog. It's always so peaceful. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just great pieces. I am seeing slight fall colors starting here in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pieces, brilliant photography! I am taken with the alabaster? statue of the female nymphs. It has been wicked in Phoenix this summer and I will embrace any seasonal change that comes my way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad I caught up with you again. I've been away too long. I just love your blog, so fresh and beautiful. As much as I love the pink that was in this summer, I have done little in my pink room. I've got to get back to my first love. However, yes, I am ready for Fall. It's my favorite time of year. I still love the white and it is always perfect for every season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have missed your cool, beautiful, relaxing posts. Always so calming and so very lovely. (I don't want summer to end, either!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always beautiful with white and touches of pink. Yes, I do believe I will be happy for Fall this year eventhough I am a girl of Summer. It has been too hot and today quite smokey from forest fires in the air. Thanks for all your share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!