Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Signature Gifts


There are so many occasions that call for a simple but heartfelt gift that I feel like I always need to be prepared. My chosen lifestyle doesn't allow for a shopping foray each time the need arises. So I have a few favorite things that I love for myself that are pretty universally appreciated as hostess gifts, birthdays, or unexpected special events.   



 I think of vintage linens as my sort of signature gift. My grand-daughters often get a sweet little hanky tucked inside of their birthday cards, for instance.



I have a real thing for vintage cotton and linen towels. The plain ones that can be used in the kitchen or bathroom, are especially practical. They're not extravagant, but still feel a little indulgent. For young people as yet unaccustomed to "vintage," it's a nice and safe introduction. They even make wonderful baby gifts.



Besides being my preferred look in gift wrap, plain sheets of white tissue paper are always on hand. I also invest in wide and fancy rolls of ribbon whenever craft stores run a sale. With ribbon you don't even need tape! And it's all so wonderfully old fashioned.



My friend Carol's vintage image necklace charms, which I carry in the shop, make a basic gift extra special, and in this case I use it to embellish the package.




I keep on hand a supply of these pretty little organdy bags that you find inexpensively in the wedding section of the craft store.





 It makes for a simple and elegant presentation that is easy and low cost all at the same time. So my gift packaging has become sort of signature too. 



Besides linens, candles are my favorite to give and to get too. They can be scented, or plain votive or table candles. Can you ever have too many? I don't think so.





  

Finally, I choose from a selection of my own handmade greeting cards to complete the gift. I enjoy making cards so much that I feel like I am passing on a bit of that joy. And what could be more signature than that?






Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage just posted about a beautiful signature gift she just received. Hop on over and have a look!
Do you have a sort of signature gift too?
 I'd love to hear all about it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


I'm joining Chic On A Shoestring for Flaunt it Friday
Be sure to visit for more ideas!

10 comments:

  1. Such lovely goodies, Jacqueline! Anyone would love to receive these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi J,
    What a great presentation! You have set a fine stage for the gift, I think anticipation is where its at!
    Love the little bags with the necklace, I am going to have to look for the little bags and find my own trademark to drop inside:-) The clothespins with the store name, darling as can be!
    Yes crazy weather here! The tiny Chandelier, a Christmas ornament:-)
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!! I agree, anyone would be a very lucky receipient of one of your lovely goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the more personal you make a gift the more it means. Great ideas, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pretties ~ Anyone would LOVE to receive these. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love candles and enjoy giving them as gifts - you make things look so special. Great ideas! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gifts are very sweet. The wrapping is a gift in itself!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these gift wrapping ideas you have shared with us. I've always been one of those people who is unprepared when it is time to give a gift. That is slowly changing due, in large part, to this blogging world. I have been so impressed by the 'presentation' that so many bloggers use when sending gifts or things from etsy shops, that I have started to take much more care.

    Your signature is simply wonderful, Jacqueline! You and Monica are true artists.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely idea for a presentation. Thanks for sharing these ideas. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your ideas! As Claudia said, the blogging world has taught me so much in taking extra care to make giving a little more special!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!