Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Thinking Spring




Happy Wednesday! I'm thinking spring! How about you? I have managed to keep a little green alive since December when these little pots of ivy arrived on the scene. Thank goodness they don't need much attention!



I've been really drawn to every garden style vignette that I see lately, so I thought I would start one of my own. And nothing warms my heart more than a little chippy vintage mixed in with my usual china and linens.




I have quite a few little bits of linen that have a spot or a hole but still have the cheeriest snippets of lace attached and are ready to peek out here and there. I find them just as cheery as flowers!




I just have to show you the paper whites that I potted in early December too. They did absolutely nothing for weeks. But when I went to toss them after Christmas, thinking that I had just gotten duds, I spotted a single bit of green popping out on one of the bulbs.




Here they are just really only starting to take off. I'm thinking that there is a problem with the gravel medium I have them in. Any ideas? They have been so slow growing that I wonder where they will end up. Anyway, they have all finally sprouted and I am feeling a little redeemed!




I am cheating with a pot of faux something from Ikea that I had in the shop. It's a good stand in until I can get to the nursery.




I'm due, too, for some cut flowers for my pitchers that spend time in my wicker plant stand. Sometimes I enjoy seeing the chippy lattice, but for now I have just changed out the linens that drape over covering the side.









I am also enjoying a new chippy cement planter vase that I found last summer. I am just crazy about vintage garden stuff, but haven't used it inside very much.




 Not many days left in the month. And our forsythia is already in bloom! But we have lots of windy, cold, and unsettled days ahead.  think just a bit of green here and there is going to get me through!


Happy Hump Day!

And a happy White Wednesday too!

So glad that you stopped by!

Jacqueline











14 comments:

  1. that old chippy plant stand is perfect for that ivy. I always love your beautiful white linens and laces. Forsythia is my all time favorite shrub, so bright and cheery. Gosh, don't you miss White Wednesday? I know I do. It was always fun to celebrate the simplicity and freshness of "white".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cute vignettes and lovely lace. I've got hyacinths blooming. It's been a gloomy winter for us. Ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love! Beautiful lace with pretty pots of greenery. I love paper whites and when yours bloom they are going to be so pretty. I hope we all see an early Spring. Oh how I want Old Man Winter to leave! Have a great rest of the week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty vignettes and love the lace. Saturday 10" of snow, yesterday 80. Today through Sunday cold and rain. The weather has been a real annoyance.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have forsythia? I have big envy! It's beautiful, Jacqueline -- the lace, the china, your wonderful chippy planter. The photos are splendid -- they really tell the story. A little have there in NM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacqueline, I do not often comment but I regularly visit you blog and just wanted to acknowledge that I do enjoy my visits so much.
    Thankyou and enjoy the promise of Spring.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jaqueline
    I have finally got back to blogging and have so misted visiting you. I absolutely adore your vignettes,especially the lacy linen and pitchers.
    Looking at your pics makes me want to get started on some rearranging.
    Until next time x jeanette ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I meant missed not misted ha ha ha out of practice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! All the creaminess and whites just sing to my heart.So happy your paper whites decided to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful garden style - love the pretty pots and sweet lace. I am so ready for spring! xx K

    ReplyDelete
  11. I´m really longing for springtime now...
    Snow and cold here this sunday, I´m so tired of it!
    Lots of love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post warms my heart, Jacqueline! Love the mix of green plants with your gorgeous linens and trims. Have a happy day.
    Debbie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely vintage décor! I am not a green thumb so I admire your dedication to keeping green alive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Jacqueline,
    I was under the weather this past weekend, so I spent some time quietly reading through your postings and escaping into your Pinterest pages. Your photographs are exquisite! Thank you.
    Kind regards, Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!