Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Garden Style At My Doorstep







Hello again! I hope you are enjoying summer! I have been wanting to share what I am up to with you but life will not stop moving long enough for me to get pictures!



We have only just now swept up this patio to enjoy in the mornings. Any other time of day has been too hot. We have just passed through a scorching heat wave that is finally on the wane for awhile.




A few sunflowers make me feel like I am having a summer in Tuscany. Is there anything more iconic?




I have also popped this boxwood into a nice big vintage zinc tub to dress things up out there. Boxwoods have really done well for us in pots even in the 
hot weather.



I still love the look of vintage garden furniture too. I don't think I could ever have enough. I'm not a very good gardener, but I sure love garden style!












I have managed to sneak in a little flea market shopping and found this cheery old chippy drawer. I think it makes a fantastic prop if I ever get back to arranging vignettes again.




The antique handle makes me swoon. And don't you just love the color?




I also finally set up a little fountain that I picked up last spring for the patio. I was hoping that the sound of water would attract a few birds. It isn't placed well for them to come to drink though.




Can you believe I found something so Cabin & Cottage looking? 





Makes me feel so cheery!




When my little girls come to visit I love to make a stop at the local nursery. Anything involving water, and the kids are all in! 





We got some fresh herbs for a doorstep garden. Unless the plants are right under my nose I forget to water them! And right under my nose is exactly where I want them to be anyway!








The girls took some little pots home with them too.




I have had this round vintage metal garden stand for a lot of years because I like it for display. But now it works perfectly for scooting plants around in and out of the sun in the crazy hot weather. A couple of old water cans are kept full by the front door.





My computer has been on the fritz and I had to upgrade it to windows 10 after putting it off for a very long time. I also decided it was time for a new model, so I have been tied up a lot learning how to blog again with my new systems! So that is also a part of what I have been up to.




I hope you have been enjoying all the summer things that you love to do! We have done a ton of family outings already. So much left to do!

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jacqueline












12 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline! I love your vintage seating, fountain and containers! Such inspired, peaceful outdoor areas you have! So glad it's cooled down for you a bit. Enjoy these summer days! Xo ~julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you are doing. I have wanted some boxwood and this is a perfect idea. Running outside right now to find a zinc tub. Love the fountain too. And always have a hard time resisting outdoor chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true about kids and water --- the other day, I watched my 6 ft. tall, football playing, 14-year old grandson play in a quart container of water. Thank goodness, they never really grow up!! I have one sunflower blooming with more to come. Guess it is summer. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fountain. The boxwood look really good in containers. It's a really peaceful and lovely outside room,

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer looks summery over here Jacqueline,
    I too have a porch garden with a boxwood growing now for two years in an over sized galvanized bucket, and a sizable cypress in a stone large planter that is begging to be transplanted in the dirt next to the porch, I plan to plant a total of three in a cluster so there is the right symmetry and French garden appeal.
    I love small gardens on porches, and patio verandas they add so much to a welcoming entrance.
    Yours is so charming, adding all the rustic charm needed when relaxing on the porch. It's fun when you have little helpers :)

    See you soon.
    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely at your doorstep!
    Warm hug from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing your outdoor patio spots fixed up with so much vintage goodness. That little fountain is perfectly delightful. Also love the tub holding the beautiful boxwood.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqueline,
    Gorgeous Garden Style, dear friend!
    The photos of your "little girl" is adorable!
    Summertime. . .and the living is e a s y. . .
    take time for the important things, dear one.
    Good luck with windows 10!
    LOVE the water fountain and the chippy drawer!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweet little helper you have there! I love your vintage metal chairs, such a perfect addition to your patio area. And, that totally cabin & cottage water fountain is Awesome!! Have a blessed week ahead! Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your new fountain - and yes it is SO YOU!!!!

    Glad your heat is on a respite - hate being too hot.

    Your grand helper is so cute.

    Enjoy your summer, J. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's so much to love about this beautiful post Jacqueline! First I have to say how much a love the fountain. That is the sweetest thing! Also that drawer is just the best color.Wish I could do a color match from the computer screen :) I'm crazy about it...and that little handle...
    I smiled when I read about how crazy busy you are, because that is exactly how I feel right now. It's so stressful for me to even sit at the computer knowing how much stuff isn't getting done. I know I wanted summer, but really? It is non-stop go here, do this, then this and of course there's the little grands that come and visit. Which I love! I loved seeing your sweet girls watering for you. Some of mine are old enough to actually be a lot of help too.
    Sorry, it's like I'm writing a book to you! I guess I really did need to visit some of my blogging friends today :)
    Have a wonderful week J!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was so hot here too. I'm glad the temps are a little more back to normal. Your drawer is darling. I love the fountain too.
    Happy 4th.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!