Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Going Urban In San Francisco


I had the best cappuccino I have ever had (really) at the Bar Norcini in downtown San Francisco. Forget about staying downtown if you need quiet. But once in a while the rush and clang may be just what you need to get your blood and brain moving again. Believe it or not, even my 93 year old MIL enjoyed the change of pace for a quick weekend.




Just a quick fortification before heading out of the hotel lobby of the Villa Florence near Market and Powell streets, the heart of the shopping district and lots more.





We perch at a table near the window to rub elbows with the "beautiful people" on the other side, and to see all the street action: buses, taxi's, cable cars, and the stream of pedestrians floating by as mesmerizing as fish in an aquarium at all hours of the day and night.




Public transit takes you anywhere you want to go. Just be sure not to be in a hurry. Powell street has only two lanes to accomodate all that urban action.





















We stepped off of the street (and out of the construction) to pop into the Crate and Barrel around the corner.




We have no Crate and Barrel where we live so I found it a treat. Here are some things that caught my eye.










Always fun to see the seasonal displays. . . .








I like their faux fall flora better than anybody's.








Acres of dishware. . . .









Tons of halloween fun.




And TONS of classic white to go with everthing. . . .

















I loved these smooth and hefty soup bowls with the handles.




Mountains of great looking cooking stuff.












I found this fantastic Eiffel Tower candy dish (the top lifts off) on the gift aisle.




I want to try out this Dark & Stormy candle.




An island of serenity amid the chaos just outside the window.









Love these linens!




But time to head out. . . .
Always tons more to see in the big city!

Thanks so much for stopping by for a look!
Hope you have a great week ahead!

Jacqueline






20 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having a wonderful trip. Take me next time. HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love SF, one of my most favourite places!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. San Francisco is a wonderful place... enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful time. I used to go to school in NYC and there is nothing like it to get your revved up and moving....GREAT photos all the way around. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is always better in SF, isn't it? It is my favorite city. One of my daughters is across the bridge at UC Berkeley.

    You are lucky how often you get to travel. You are in California a lot. Looks like a wonderful weekend trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are having a fabulous time! My Aunt lived in SF years ago and she would take us all around. Crate and Barrel is wonderful, isn't it? We have one here in Seattle. I could spend hours there....How wonderful is it that your 93 year old MIL went with you?! I love that! Hope you found some treasures! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love San Francisco. I studied music there in the 70s... sigh. So much to see and do!!!
    Thank you for the tour, Jacqueline!
    xoxo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fabulous trip to SF Jacqueline.
    Great pics you share. I love Crate and Barrel. Have fun!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should really overcome my fear of flying because from the moment I heard - as a little girl- the song San Francisco from Scott McKenzie I developed a fascination for this beautiful city. Who knows .... maybe once, thanks for sharing,Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacqueline,
    Oh S.F is full of culture and plenty to see and do! When I lived in the Bay Area, I spent quite a bit of time there, and often visiting the show rooms of the San Francisco designers mart for retail shops and interior designs. What a fabulous place to attend during mart week.
    You make me long for a visit to S.F

    Jacqueline, you look like you had a fabulous time of it, and it's always so fun to visit different Pottery Barns and see the varied designs, and displays they show off :)

    See you soon, let us know when you make it to Southern Ca. Perhaps we can then bump I to each other.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to SF; sounds like a fun city. So great your MIL was able to go and enjoy herself! Lovely things there at Crate and Barrel. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been to San Fran since I was a kid... Such a fun town! I can't believe you don't have a Crate & Barrel at home! Hope you find some pretties to slip into your suitcase:-)
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't want to live in any large city (surprisingly, to those who know me, not even London), but I do love to visit SF (and London!). I think I would like to go shopping with you there. I'm not a good shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures made me nostalgic! I grew up just a 20-minute drive from San Fran. My favorite time of year to go into the city was right after Thanksgiving… loved all the gorgeous store displays! Thank you for sharing such lovely images!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jacqueline, isn't SF a great experience. I love the hustle and bustle once in awhile and we always try to go there as often as we can. My cousin and I lived and worked there in the late 1950's. I kick myself now that we were too young to really enjoy it then. It was all we could do to go to work everyday and pay our rent. Missed alot of opportunities..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi I'm Your newest follower-Drop by to meet Me some time.I'm from Southern CA.,almost a real neighbor : ) Enjoyed Your post-Denise

    ReplyDelete

  17. I have never been to San Francisco
    however love all the shopping in any large city
    I enjoyed all the pictures about town

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of my favorite cities. Reading this and seeing the pictures makes me really want to be there right now.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. San Francisco looks fun... like it's loaded with creative energy. Pretty stuff in Crate and Barrel too. I love the spools of twine, and all the whites and linens. Makes me want to leave work and go shopping!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite place, I live here not to far from where you visited. I used to work even closer. Looks like you had a wonderful time with love Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!