Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Home Grown Weddings


It's been quite a season. Wedding after wedding. One graduation after another. And I love visiting all those mega wedding blogs too. SO beautiful and spectacular. Great for ideas.



None of the weddings I've attended this season have been on the blockbuster scale, though. Most of them have been funded by the couple themselves with a little help from parents. Modest affairs, but still costly. And tons of work!



I really admire the effort and thinking that goes into a "home grown" wedding. Even if not actually held at home. I just attended one such affair last night. The marriage of a good friend's daughter.


Once again the wind played a little havoc with the outdoor ceremony. And there were unexpected problems to surmount on the last day. Few are ever privy to the dramas that play out at the culmination of an event so fraught with expectation. But it turned out a heartfelt occasion with palpable joy attached to it alongside the tulle bows.



The bride and friends made decorations in the preceding weeks. One especially sweet element was the tiny seed packets provided as a favor to each guest. But the biggest favor was the obvious good time the couple had with friends and family on their special occasion.






Hope you're having sweet times this weekend too!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I looooovvveee weddings (am a hopeless romantic at heart!). Do you know the website 'Offbeat Bride'? Lots of great, off-the-beaten-track DIY wedding photos and info.

    I wish all the happy couples all the best :)

    This Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a lovely wedding. I like the little rocks of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post. I too love weddings. Our grandson was married in January and he and his fiance' planned everything. Her Mom was in Texas and my Dil passed away the year before at age 42 of cancer. I am so happy he found a wonderful girl after the sad loss of his mom. It is wonderful when friends and family help with such a special day for the bride and groom. I love your photos and the story of a home grown wedding. I wish them much happiness.
    Happy Pink Saturday.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Jacqueline! Two of my children had home-grown weddings in the last year...really special days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it's always the personal touches that make a wedding celebration special and set apart. Lovely event. Thanks for sharing it. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is so delightful and wise that young people are not having to spend big bucks for their special day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!