Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Seeing Things



Clear as glass? Or a distortion?




Is this pretty lace? Or just one very long tangled string?




Intricate construction? Or full of holes?




 A feast for the eyes? Or simply inedible?




A marvelous structure? Or just an empty shell?




Highly layered and textured? Or colorless?




Shapely? Or merely crooked?




Shielding the view? Or letting light in?




Delightfully sheer? Or only flimsy?




A treasure? Or something practically everybody has outgrown?




A tool for seeing more closely? Or a device for starting a dangerous fire?




Empty bottles? Or a loaded shelf?




Buried garbage? Or objects of desire?




Murky? Or irridescent?




Obscuring a view? Or reflecting one?

The answers are a lot easier than the New York Times crossword puzzle! Or are they?

Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline

I'm Linked to

17 comments:

  1. I like the way you think?
    ...OR I don't have a CLUE what you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always go for the romantic, positive point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures and I always see things from a romantic and positive point of view like James. Have a Happy Sunday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post...very philosophical! Robx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqueline the photos are gorgeous and I of course prefer to see things in the happy light....my Pollyanna complex at it's finest!
    Have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for the breathtaking pictures!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed that! It reminds me of the way some people see some of our decorating styles. Rusty, crusty art forms, chippy and peely or dirty scrap metal and "That'll look great if you sand it and paint it."

    Wanda @ Just Vintage
    http://shopjustvintage.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are always so dreamy in your presentations :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is all beautiful! I love that we don't all see things the same way.
    Yvonnne

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all how you choose to look at something! Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi J,
    Great word play for the morning!!
    :-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely way to get us thinking today!
    I always look at the positive at what is before me...if only I could get my husband to follow!!
    Lovely photos too!
    Pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever post! I love the word play and the romantic bent. You always have something special to share. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Your dreams are visual, as group this impeccable white and cream, is great, the textures and elements! Greetings, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jacqueline, these photos are all just gorgeous, and what a thought-provoking post. You really made me stop and think. No matter what someone seeks in these photos, they are sure to see beauty. I heart that window with the logs around it. Thank you for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your juxtapositions are charming, and the questions easy.

    I think I best love the old bottles. And the coffee-cream lace, and the dress, and . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neat post. It's so true that we all look at things differently.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello:)
    Love the items...and your beautiful blog:)

    Marianne from Norway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!