Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Few Cheery Things


It's been a strange week for a lot of folks in my town. School has been out to conserve energy. There have been a few power cuts around the state for the same reason. But it's mostly over for us here. If there is no end in sight for you yet, my heart goes out to you. I picked out a few things that cheer me to share with you. At the top of the list is this sweet cotton print made up into baby clothes with big creamy white buttons.


A big brown fuzzy bear just like one you might meet in a storybook. This one wears a dress from the preemie rack, and a straw hat borrowed from the doll closet (but nobody minds).


The bunny and bear kids love chenille to cuddle up in as much as I do.


And we all love a read from The Wind in the Willows.



White roses and wide crocheted lace with old putty colored crockery. Is there anything from a big box store that can make you feel this way? 



Botanical cards, the lost art of handwriting, and smooth white envelopes tied up in a bow.



Mix and match china cups and saucers with your favorite magazine. 



Eggs in a nest and barely there pink milk glass.



Faded  blooms on antique china.



Delicate Limoges for tea time.



I feel much better already!
What's on your list of cheery things?

Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline

14 comments:

  1. precious things - all of them. And such sweet photos. Perfect to encourage the soul in this winter season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cheered (: and I live in balmy So Cal. Thanks for being so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty photos to add joy to the day. The little dress in the firt picture is so cute! And the china is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline, your beautiful treasures would brighten any day ... just gorgeous ... so love the pale pink dish.

    Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    Giveaway ends Feb.11th

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely things. You captured the feeling of comfort. I am a new follower,just added your button. Hope you can stop by and visit me at my new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many beautiful things. Sweet bears and china and linens. Lovely! Thanks for sharing again today. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi J,
    So sorry it's beena rough week, glad the storm has passed.
    My cheery thing... the gorgeous antique china you shared, oh those fluffy cabbage roses are dreamy:-)
    Stay warm & cozy,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delicately beautiful, feminine post! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These images are truly cheerful. What a delightful post.
    ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful photos! love the pinky pretties! lovely! a big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos~love, love, love the pink milk glass and that bear is just adorable ~ sigh ~ yes you have made me smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post was beautiful...thank you for sharing.....makes me want to come over to your house....
    Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I didn't know better I would have thought you put this together just for me. What time is tea?

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all so sweet! I love how dainty it all looks. Thanks for sharing!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!