Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

A Change of Scene






Getting away from the routine is nice, but it's also necessary for creativity. Our travels around the internet go a long way toward serving the need for novelty. Yet nothing can replace the tangible universe for feeding a life of design.



Originality depends on unfamiliar territory. You need foreign doorways to keep your creative vision sharp. Strolling shops, museums, or merely traveling to the next town will nourish your art.  


I'm a real homebody and begrudge leaving my nest. But only the transition is hard. Once away, I suck in everything that crosses my path and file it away, whether I'm immediately aware of it or not.



The family home I visited over the weekend worked on me this way. Far from home, the stagnant parts of my brain percolated. I visited new shops, strolled new neighborhoods, gazed on fresh beauty. Here are a few bits that lay strewn on my path in Santa Barbara.



A corner of the living room in Marcia's new Santa Barbara home. I shared her dining room a couple of posts ago.


The ancestral portrait has a new home too.


I was fascinated by the Gothic structure of this antique religious artifact on a pedestal.











I never climbed up for a peek at this enchanting play house. Maybe next time!

Thanks so much for coming by!
 I hope you see something new this weekend!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline






13 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Lovely home Jacqueline. Thanks for taking us there!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed this post and such a lovely home.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely!! I love the playhouse. I wish i had one.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous home. What beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to visit such a pretty place. I have heard Santa Barbara is beautiful. Maybe one day I will get out there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Beautiful home! Every detail, from outside the house until your wood floors, and so many beautiful details, make your home look very cozy and character greetings, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a respite like this sooooo bad!!! Thanks for sharing yours. Her home is beautiful, and I especially loved the fountain!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos Jacqueline. I can see why you would feel refreshed after this visit! Enjoy your weekend!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful front door...so wish i could walk through it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely and livable!!! I want to do a post about my friend's house in Santa Barbara (and visit that beautiful place).
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely home. Thanks for taking us there.

    I have just become your friend and follower. Hope you will stop by for a visit, and also join in on my $30 gift card giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacqueline, wandering new places is good for one's spirit, but there is no place like home. Glad you enjoyed your trip. This is a lovely post. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!