Pages

Friday, January 1, 2021

A New Day

 


Happy New Year dear friends!
 Someone posted this quote by C.S. Lewis today... "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different?"




Over the past months the days have indeed taken on a sort of sameness that belies the very different times in which we find ourselves. And some days have been truly unforgettable.





I am so thankful to have a small company of family with me today who fully know the joys and sorrows of my past 365, and who celebrate with me the hope of the days looking forward. 





Grateful too, for the kindness and friendship of our online community and the expressions of cheer and goodness that we share. The words of caring. The soulful thoughts that leave me at times nearly speechless.



I am not much for looking back, nor forward either. A talent that can cut both ways. But I appreciate the taking of joy in just twenty-four hours.




So I will leave my twinkle lights on for now, as I do every year. Day to day, until I feel like moving on to something different.



I like a small fire on winter days, and the warmth of candle light. The lift of a pretty corner put together. (Maybe just one.) Some days that may be all we can ask for.





The company of small memories. And the promise of more to come.


Wishing You A Blessed New Year!

Jacqueline







17 comments:

  1. You too Jacqueline. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely, peaceful images, and thoughts that help lead to peace, too. I just found your beautiful blog (by falling down the rabbit hole from a Pink Saturday post!). My holiday gift to myself is to re-embrace the joy of blogging and reading blogs in 2021! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Jacqueline. Your pictures are beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable vignettes,how precious!Happy 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and heartfelt sentiments. I've enjoyed my little lighted tree so much I may leave it up for a while or like you said, until I feel like moving on. I'm glad you were able to have family with you over the holidays. We've really missed our kids this last few weeks. Blessings for the New Year, J! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always so wonderful to see your beautiful home. I am so grateful to have had those few little encounters with family too. May 2021 be a better year for all of us. I pray for more love and we win this war on Covid. Happy New Year sweet friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Beatles song! I also love a song by John Denver called Tenderly Calling. I always treasure memories. That is why photos are so treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year. Everything is looking white and beautiful in your home---as always. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the beautiful thoughts.....wishing you many blessings in the New Year....Cleo.....xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year and best wishes for simple joy, good rest, peace and continued good health in this new year and for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year dear friend. Your post touches home, I wish you brighter days to come. We are moving toward the light and the warm days of spring and I pray it will move us toward healing and hope.
    Take care,
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, Jacqueline. Happy New Year and may you find brightness and shine within as well as warm, gentle peace. I love that you keep your lights up. I do too and love them as long as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year I am going to read and post more often now, and I always enjoy your pretty posts.
    I think I'll go to a fabulous antique mall in St Louis this Saturday and look for Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!
    Happy New Year to you also~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been catching up with your blog, Jacqueline. I'm sorry to read about your man. I hope it's nothing serious but it seems it might be. I'm saying a prayer for you. This year has been a trial for many. I hope this finds you encouraged.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!