Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Cozying Up To Fall




There are so many small beautiful changes in the season! Fall in New Mexico holds so much richness and fullness to enjoy, as is probably true everywhere. And I so much appreciate all of you who left such kind words in the comments of my last post as well. As hard as it can be to keep on sharing when all is not right with the world, there can be such a gift in the simple exchange of thoughts and expressions of sympathy. So thank you so much for touching my heart.





Autumn is the coziest of seasons. And it seems like fall is the perfect time to feature this vintage apple shaped cutting board. I love the warm wood tones against all the white.





This little lace doily is a new find. I don't imagine I will ever give up collecting something so unique and pretty that gives so much delight!





Rearranging a shelf top vignette is a sort of rite of passage when the weather changes, and I think more of us are using what we already have. Although, these small tallow berry sprigs are new to me this season too.











I have so many things tucked away, like this birdie transferware plate, that don't seem to get much prominence of place for some reason. I really love bird motifs in everything.






I was lucky to find a few small linens at the fleamarket recently for an amazing price! This hefty linen piece was the prizewinner at under three dollars. (The little doily was .50!) 







I like using table coverings with a substantial weight and feel. And that perfectly creamy color is just that extra something added!






Embossed white china is always high on my list of delights as well, and I have a bit of a collection of mismatched pieces that I have accumulated over time. 






The mix of textures brings a surprising warmth to a mostly white display.







The tablecloth underneath everything is from the Jeanne d'Arc Living collection.













The postcards are from the art of Helen Buttfield. They came from a book of tear out cards published in 2000 that I have had for some time, but she has botanical art still around and available to buy if you are interested. I collected a few different versions in the past. They make for interesting insertions into vignettes, and of course you can send them too!






I used one of her designs in this shadow box display made from an old wooden clock case that can be changed up for different occasions.











I also pulled out this biscuit jar for fall that doesn't usually get seen much either. (I actually keep little cookies squirreled away in these as was their original intention! But, shhhh!)






So these are some of my first moves toward decorating for fall. I'll be on the lookout for dried leaves and sprigs to use while out on my walks these days. How about you?


















You may have seen this poster around lately of the Beatles song. There are different versions I've seen. This one is large poster size and we have it hanging in our front hall for now. It made us both cry. Good therapy. I love the tree drawing, and the lettering. The song goes around in your head all the time. Can you hear it too? It seems like a good autumn thing too.


Thanks so much for visiting!

I hope you are enjoying some fall pleasures too!

Happy September!

Jacqueline










10 comments:

  1. As always you have great collections and the shadow box out an old clock case is wonderful!

    I love tge colder months ahead.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lusting after your apple chopping board and the pretty lace doily, I had that book of postcards too. I wonder if I have any left? We usually communicate with our lovely next door neighbour by post card. Enjoy your autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, calm and peaceful post. The brown and white is the perfect alternative to the more orangey tones we see in fall and I like it very much. It is serene.

    Sending love and good thoughts your way for you and your family. As always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your posts always Jacqueline. The old clock is adorable. Happy Labor Day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your posts and seeing your gorgeous collections and pictures....is like taking a chill pill. (Or what I think one would make one feel like?)

    Restful, calming, peaceful, tranquil - such good vibes.

    Thank you.

    We need these feelings more than ever before.

    Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cookie jar and linens, but that apple cutting board would be happy in my kitchen. I keep wanting to change from my colorful Fiestaware in the kitchen to white plates. My husband doesn't think that is a good idea and boring. I may just do it one of these days anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to see your collections and how you put them all together. I've never seen tallow berries (unlikely I ever will) but it is so beautiful. I used to like to collect things, but I've completely stopped now. I still love to see them like yours though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so behind in blogging. This computer has been down for months, and due to covid, I was finally able to get it worked on. Now it's catch up time. Love what you did with the clock case!! such a grand idea, Jacqueline!! All of your photos inspire me. Have a nice evening. Debbie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a lovely collection of china. Tallow berries make your setup look so divine. Regards, Naomi Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely! The Beatles print is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!