Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Little French Valentine Tea


I don't really think of France when I think of tea. And I don't have any hearts for this Valentine tea yet either! LOL! 




But I went digging deep into the cupboards for something sweet to put on the table anyway, and when there isn't a bouquet, there is always pretty china! And Limoges gets me off to a start with the "French tea" part.




I have a lot of one-offs of things. I like a mix of china patterns on a table the way I like mixed linens on a bed. 




This whole table is made up of china odds and ends, which also keeps things informal.




My stacked cups are from my collection of Rose Point by Pope Gosser. I have them paired with a few pretty saucers that I hung onto because of the darling little rose motif on each of them.




They also have a delicious creamy color.








I sold the rest of the set, but kept an orphaned butter plate too.




A lacy napkin added, and voila!, we have a festive occasion!















There is this set of four Limoges dessert/salad plates in yet another pretty pattern.




And the French galettes I discovered over the holidays tilt the theme the rest of the way.




I have since found these on Amazon for twice the price I paid for them at Costco.  I expected them to be more like a sable. But they need a little something, and I serve them with a bit of cheese with fruit.





A little sweet. A little savory. A dainty little tea with a little french accent! Oui?









Happy Valentines Day my sweets!

So lovely that you stopped by!

Jacqueline






14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tea time. I have a weakness for Limoges. The plates with the roses sets my heart to a pitter-patter. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rose saucers are perfect with the cups. I think I like them mis-matched better than if they were matched up with the right ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Limoges plate in the first picture is absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that sweet china! This is so very beautiful. Even your biscuit tin is beautiful! What a lovely Valentine tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. And Sweet, and simple and perfect. I love it. Happy Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqueline, these dishes are stunning. You often have collections that make me swoon

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jacqueline. Love those dishes they are gorgeous. Happy Valentine's Day.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful collection of pieces, and I love the way you put them together! Have a wonderful week. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely French tea! Martha @lflinderhof.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sp very beautiful. Feminine and sweet. The saucers with the ruffle and rose bud have to be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely little tea - so feminine and sweet. I'll take cream and sugar, thank-you! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much loveliness! I especially like the saucers. <3 And I agree with you about mixing chinaware on a table, I do that too. I never buy sets, I think its more charming to have a mix so everyone gets their own special kind of tea cup and plate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sua louça é maravilhosa!
    Sua roupa de cama é linda.
    Parabéns por suas coleções.
    bjs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Rose Point dinner plates and I just love them. I use them on my three tiered server. I've always wanted something else to go with them that matched. Now I see your pretty teacups and that may give me some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!