Pages

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Have You Ever Been To Lucketts?


Okay. So you have to you understand that Leesburg, Virginia is about 1,850 miles from my house in Albuquerque! And we drove there! But full disclosure. Visiting Lucketts Store was of course not the sole purpose of our trip. Nevertheless, we visited some amazing places along the way and this was one of them. So far this summer we have driven all the way from the Pacific to the Atlantic and back home again. It's treacherous out there! Not at all like the old days. So much traffic! But back to the fun part.



You may know that Marion Parsons (one of my most admired bloggers) of the wonderful blog Miss Mustard Seed has posted about Lucketts for years. I was just so thrilled to finally get there even though Marion has just left the building for a family move. Right now these first few shots are of what greets you at the door.




There is a huge variety of old and new vintage and vintage inspired stuff around the place. But I took shots mainly of what gets my own juices going. I hope you can relate! If you haven't been yet, here is a foretaste of something delightful.




I was shooting in natural light and so there is a dreamlike quality to the photos. But that captures just how I was feeling anyway!




I love as much as anything getting ideas for decorating and display. So many talented people gather to sell here. It's enormous! And beautifully painted furniture is one of the highlights.





These are images from the first floor. So elegant!










I couldn't stop taking pics of this fabulous chippy window on the landing.





And I loved all of the drama in this exciting room. Cloth was draped and ballooning right from the ceiling.





Such pretty French style pieces!




LOVE the drapes.




The contrasts are sumptuous!




Love this ornate metal grate.




Tons of gleaming silver.





And a dreamy linen room upstairs with lovely things imported from Europe and elsewhere.











These are all just shams.





Rooms full of gorgeous vintage.










Novel displays. 





Plenty of white for us addicts. . .





Expect to see all of your favorites!















I came away so inspired!





I loved this metal grate showing off the lighting from the ceiling.





I had so much fun! It really was a little daydream come true for me.

 So lucky to see Lucketts!

I hope you enjoyed it too!

So many of you commented about my own hometown from my last post. So very kind of you! Thanks so much! It really warms my heart.

Happy summer days ahead!

Jacqueline









12 comments:

  1. Great store. Hope you hauled a trailer behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to Luckett's. It does look as wonderful in your photos as I thought it would be. I'm so glad you got to visit and I'm sure you brought back a wonderful treasure or two with you!

    hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for taking us on the tour with you. It really looks like a magical shopping dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want to go to Luckett's! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmmm I wonder how far that drive would be from Chicago. Ahhhhhhh would love to shop there. That window is amazing and I love the chippy white drawers. Want those! Thanks for taking us along.
    Have a great summer day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful shop, Jacqueline! Each room more beautiful than the last. Thank you so much for taking us on a tour. I love that grate they hung the lights from. I'll bet you could make one with an antique twin-sized bed spring (which is what I first thought that was) if you painted it white and then chipped it up a bit. Enjoy your journey home but take care on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Thank you so much for posting the pics...I really enjoyed looking! Have a good afternoon. Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the longest dining table I have ever seen! The whole set is so lovely! They have a lot of lovely items!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thanks for all the good pictures, since i'm sure I won't ever be there.
    Yes glad you made it home safe without any wrecks out on the highways and byways from coast to coast.
    I am not one to even want to get on our interstate I-70 going to St Louis or Kansas City so much traffic always

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have gone nuts too! I'm afraid I would have had to have driven there in a very big car or van!

    It looks wonderful and I'm so glad you made it -- if I'm ever in the area...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful shop! It must have been hard to walk out that door and leave. So many pretties! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!