Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Over the River, Through the Woods . . .







Meet Patches! We are spending a little time with her and the people she owns for a few days.




It's so good to see the views from the windows of your loved ones far away once in a while, and to share the rhythm of their days.




It's colder than it looks out there! But it's a great perch for watching flamboyant magpies, free range hens, and even deer in the morning while sitting down to a steaming bowl of warm oatmeal. There is now frost on all those gathered pumpkins, and snow in the forecast!




And of course, it's great to shop their shops too! I think I may have to go back and snatch up this darling teapot from Planted Earth in Orem Utah. 





Birdies and brown transferware. What could be more perfect?




If this doesn't get you in the mood, I don't know what will!




"Do you like this?" asks Mr. Cottage, reaching out for that gorgeous tin cone. (Uh. . . , what do YOU think?)




Wonderful laces in a showcase.




Yummy toile paper bags.




I can tell right now that my own mannequins at home are very underdressed!





A fun display of frames upstairs!




More lovelies in store up here too. . . .




















From time with loved ones, to the smallest joys . . .

 So much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope there are wonderful days ahead for you this week wherever you are. . . .

Jacqueline





Join me at



24 comments:

  1. Lovely post! And all those items are speaking to me quite loudly as well!

    But nothing did like that birdie teapot - fusing the two things I love the most in my favorite of colors. ♥♥♥

    Happy Thanksgiving to you, sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ihre katze ist soooo süß!!! tolle bilder und inspirationen, danke dafür und liebe grüße von angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely shop and I do think that teapot has your name on it.....although I wish it was mine!
    I love those toile bags too.

    Enjoy your visit!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely things in that shop! The teapot is sweet and I see lots of goodies that I'd like there. Enjoy your visit with family and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patches is adorable! Thank you for sharing this beautiful shoppe, I would have lovely all the treasures it has to offer.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you & your Family.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most cats do own their people.
    lovely things in this post.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Hope you came home with the birdie teapot, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patches is adorable!!! What gorgeous shops....Did you get the cone...I love it!

    Happy Thanksgiving
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always find the best shops, wherever you go! Did Santa buy you that tin cone, it is lovely! Glad you are having a nice time, feeling the flow of someone else' life is interesting! Sweet Patches :-)
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I have the companion to this teapot - the tea for one pot. It was a gift from my sister several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your visit. Looks like some great shopping up there. ;-)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog! I too wish that teapot was mine! Please could you share where to get those lovely toile bags.

    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Très joli billet !
    Mignon petit chat !
    Bises
    Kat
    www.lechatpeintvert.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. "to share the rhythmn of their days." That was written so beautifully. Love all the Christmas decor and of course, the kitty. She is a real stunner. I, too, would go back for that tea-pot. Hope to see it on your wonderful old cupboard soon. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. I WANT THE TEA POT!!! MUST...GO...FIND....ONE!!! LOL Anyway....I love your blog and your pictures, absolutely beautiful!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Birdies, teapots, and brown transfer Ware!...my three favorite things! I cannot believe you walked out of the shop without it! You must go back and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful and festive!!
    You're so close to my middle girl! Must tell her about that shop, if she doesn't know already.
    Have a wonderful time!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

  18. Patches is so cute and little my big ole fat cat weights 23 lbs LOL

    I love those paper brown toile bags and would have to have had some of those for sure

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful post, Jacqueline! It puts me so very much in the spirit! And sweet Patches is adorable!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh . . .lovely things all around. The kitty is adorable, and I do think that teapot would fit right in in your home. And I laughed about your mannequins being underdressed!
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jacqueline,
    What an adorable pose from Patches for your post!
    I agree, time away spent with friends recharges ones inner batteries!!!
    Thank you for the virtual shopping, once again! I hope to venture out a bit more this week!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. We've just returned home and I'm catching up with all of my favorite blogs. It looks like you had a great trip, Jacqueline... and of course, I LOVED seeing the Christmas goodies.
    Hugs,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jacqueline, came by looking for my Vintage fix. Fine, till I saw Patches, then I couldn't look at anything else! Well, I did manage a few peeks at that sweet teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you went back for that sweet teapot! :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!