Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pillow Frills




As much as I enjoy pretty prints, I am also drawn to the classic look of an all white bed. I would love a supply of European linen sheets in white. Preferably vintage. I know I can find them online, but until that happens I will dress my plain cotton sheets up with lacey vintage pillow slips. 




I already bought a couple of puffy oversize bed pillows to accommodate some of my nicer vintage pillowcases that are a bit on the large size. Antique and vintage bed linen does not come in a standard size. 




A bedroom chair is a handy spot where extra pillows get tossed at night.








Another large pillowcase with a tatted edge peeks out underneath. Though both are vintage, the fabric is almost like new, having most likely been safely tucked away for a time. 








The pillowcase on the left has the opposite problem. It requires a pillow a little more narrow than standard. 









As is often the case, this pillow slip is one of a kind. But mixed white bed linens look wonderful together. And the individual character of hand worked linen makes it worth a little extra trouble. 




A bed of fresh white vintage linen is the perfect recipe for
  Sweet Dreams! 
Don't you agree?





Still lots of dreamy soft nights left this summer! 

Wishing you a dreamy white Wednesday!

Jacqueline




Join me at


23 comments:

  1. you have THE most stunning linen collection ever!! sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing more inviting than a beautiful crisp fresh all-white bed, hands down.

    And you know I don't have a single one? As much as it is my favorite? I have cream and ivory but not WHITE.

    I think I need to rethink this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet dreams, indeed! Beautiful, Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Sweet dreams on those pretty cases.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillow cases are gorgeous.
    Love those edgings, so beautiful,
    and tatting is just so neat,but unfortunately a lost art... I have
    baby booties that were tatted by my great grandmother and they are just so beautiful. Thanks for sharing these lovely white linens, they are dreamy and look so fresh, neat and
    lovely........
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have some of these beautiful cases. I just don't know where to find them. Do you sell them in your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!! Love your pretty, white bedding! Nothing quite as comforting as a white, fluffy, soft bed with wonderful pillows to lie down and rest one's head. Sweet respite!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pieces. Imagine the hours each one took to make. Incredible.

    Enjoy this lovely day, Jacqueline!
    Hugs,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing say sweet cottage love like finely crocheted pillow-cases and bedding, of course can't forget table clothing :)

    Always love my visits with your linens, I would love to find a great one for my daughters bed in my latest post.

    I am sooooo! Looking forward to winter here, it's always so winter white.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your collection of needlework is lovely. So special...and one of a kind paired up ..love those looks. That tatted pillowcase is a find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacqueline,
    Vintage linen white hand crocheted pillow cases. . .ah~h~h. . .I can vividly image that fresh from the line, sprinkled and pressed aroma, dear friend!!!
    Yours are exquisite!!!
    Thank you for sharing your lovely vintage linen collection!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. All lovely!

    My mother had a tablecloth exactly like the one you show on the chair. I have asked my sister where it ended up and she is not sure. I need to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your white linens with the lacey trim are so lovely! How dreamy to have crisp white vintage linens on the bed...definitely sweet dreams!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your vintage pillow cases!!! I have one that I just featured in a post and it's going to our sale this weekend. Like you said, there is only one or I would have considered keeping it. I didn't realize it is hard to find a set. I bet you have lots of lovelies.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful post on your linens and lace... There is nothing sweeter than sleeping in a bed made with vintage linens... heavenly..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, so soft and dreamy, Jacqueline! I need to do something with my pillow cases given to me by a friend. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the linens. I have a few, no two alike, and they make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful linens. I love anything hand finished like that. You have a good collection by the looks of things,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful frills! I love how you have the lacy crochet cover on the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely... everything. Thanks for the beauty. Pinned. Linda Crafts a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heavenly white cotton linens... I imagine even if they don't match, having a tumble of pillows in those gorgeous cases all together would be to die for...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!