Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

The Other English China Cupboard









Busy times! Thank you so much for all the good wishes! I am feeling so much better. Now I am playing catch up. But suddenly my calender is all lined up for the rest of the year! How can that be? It makes me so glad for all we got done before fall weather set in.




One of those things was revamping a few cupboards, and switching things around. Over time, a lot of things inside get reshuffled and disorderly. The last time I showed this antique leaded glass English oak cabinet was at Christmastime last year. I didn't like the way things had organically evolved inside, but had no time to do anything with it, so I placed a lace panel behind the doors to camouflage it for a while, as shown below....



The other issue is the bad lighting for photos in this corner of my living room, so it rarely gets seen on the blog. I thought it was time for another peek before it gets all out of order again!




A new vintage tin panel I found this summer is propped on top. The lamp is also vintage with a closeout botanical shade from Pottery Barn.



I get asked a lot where I store my dishes, and the answer is really "all over." But this is one of the major dish cupboards in the house. For now, many of the white sets are kept together here. (For the grandkiddos that tassel  has for years now been one of the most fiddled with objects in the house!)












Now the cabinet looks good either open, or closed! I love the look of the open doors, but closing them protects so much better from dust.












So now you know the rest of the story... (kinda).

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 I'm looking forward to getting back to visiting you!
Happy Weekend!

Jacqueline





Join me at

27 comments:

  1. Glad your feeling better. Your dishes are so pretty and they look good in your hutch.
    Have a Happy Fall weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cabinet itself with the leaded glass doors is beautiful, and I love the way your white china stands out against the wood. That ceiling tin on top is a beauty too.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful soft feel to this room. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing lovelier than stack and stacks of white china...sigh. (LOL @ " the most fiddled"...funny)....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room is so inviting. Love the addition of the tin panel. Who would think? Very creative. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqueline your hutch is gorgeous with the white against the dark wood. I love a stack of dishes displayed and ready to use. The lace inside the doors looked so pretty too. Gorgeous lamp shade from Pottery barn and the shutters are perfect.
    Glad you are feeling better.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great feeling to get cupboards all organized. Of course yours is awesome, love all the piles of dishes.
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful piece....and all the treasures you put in/on it look wonderful.

    Thanks for sharing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacqueline, we definitely have the same taste in pretty things. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the leaded glass doors on your cabinet!! Glad you are feeling better my Blogging friend... take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The room is looking lovely. Very charming to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a pretty piece...I love anything with leaded glass. This is super!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely space - everything in it just creates an air of peace and coziness. I am trying to incorporate rooms such as yours into my own home, I love all of the changes you have made, and the many details which make up the fabric of your home. You are definitely a major inspiration for me and my decorating. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mixing up whites really work. I love your room decor!
    Funny how something as simple as a tassel will become a plaything and something they will remember as they grow up.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi J,
    Well I just love poking around your sitting room!! So so many yummy dishes, pretty, pretty, pretty!!! I thought that was a new sparkly lamp too :-) I am always struck by the great difference the white makeover has had, and the pics are much brighter than last year too! Thanks for having me over:-)
    Hugs,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the look of the white and creamy dishes against the dark oak wood . Very pretty!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  17. the creaminess and stacks of dishes against the dark wood is wonderful and I love your white painted brick too. :) Have a wonderful weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, Jacqueline. I've got dishes stashed in various places around here too. Would love to find a nice roomy buffet or cabinet like this to add to our sun porch for more dish storage. Love the collection of Anthro candle crocks. I've not bought any of those, but they always tempt me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cabinet is lovely and so perfect for your dishes. Love your silver tea pot and crystal lamp. <3 Such a soft and pretty room. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning to you Jacqueline.....finally have some time to read my favorite blogs. As always, your posts inspire & indulge my imagination.....just beautiful!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jacqueline,
    Amazing design detail throughout eah shelf, dear friend!!! I want to sit and soak it all up!
    Sorry to hear you've been feeling badly!
    Take care of your sweet self!
    fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love this cabinet Jacqueline. It is full of beautiful pieces too. It's always so nice to get these peeks into your home.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely Jacqueline.I love dishes used for display,I can't get enough either.
    I have clicked on follow again,as I haven't been getting posts from my favourite posts ever since Google connect threatened to disappear. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous piece of furniture. Love it.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a beautiful china closet, Jacqueline. I love the touch of dark wood in that room, and the look of all your dishes. Oh! and I do love the way you've arranged your mantle (ledge) lately.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gosh I would love you to do my house too! I love all those dishes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!