Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Old, New, and Something Blue





There is nothing borrowed in this mixture of elements. But the arrangement is a nice marriage of some of my current collections combined with recent finds. Some things old, some new, and a bit of blue.





Items come and go from this basic display that has worked in my dining room for a long time now. It should look very familiar to you by this time! 





But I am always so pleased when I come across something that fits right in, like this adorable little transferware pitcher that I found recently. It is a rarer multi-colored version that charms the socks right off me. I love the russet tones that lend just a suggestion of fall color. And it will make a sweet little vase for a small gift bouquet of flowers. I found it at a fleamarket for four dollars. Could you pass it up at that price?











I am working with some new display ideas and love how a few gathered items can come together for a whole new look.




One of my older favorites. . .





Shown with my most recent brown transferware find.






It's a style that is already right at home with what's presently sitting on my shelves.





My decorating mode tends to just evolve over time when I am involved with lesser things. A tweak here, and a tweak there.






Thank goodness for a little new interest crossing my path once in a while!






 I am plainly drawn to the same themes over and over again as this collection of tablecloths gathered together shows.






I collect cloths with similar cross-stitch patterns on them in these tan and browns as well.






Surprisingly, they are fairly common and inexpensive to acquire. And one of them is usually layered on my table every day.













The new serving plate is also a stand out with all my white china as well.






And just a bit of color breaks up all the white that I love so much.













Our fall days are still so beautiful that I can hardly stay indoors!

I hope that you are able to find the beauty in your days too!

Happy Weekend!

Jacqueline 










20 comments:

  1. Your new little pitcher speaks to me too. It's the perfect touch for fall. Lucky recipient who receives a petite bouquet in this little charmer. I, too, like to pick up little pitchers or sugars without lids just for the purpose of delivering a bouquet of flowers. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqueline,
    The new pitcher adds an interesting touch of Autumn within your collection, dear friend!
    I absolutely love the serenity and tranquil hues of your Autumnal designs!
    Yes, crisp mornings, warm afternoons and chilly evenings are binding me to come out~of~doors. I hear them. . .and abide!
    Savoring the moments of Autumn here on the Prairie today, and everyday!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a sucker for transferware and I really love both the blue and brown. They ones with the flower names -- very intereseting and lovely with the floral plate beneath.

    We are having crisp mornings and evenings and so far warm -- or at least sunny -- days. I'm grabbing as many as I can to stuff in my memory bank for when the white stuff arrives in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swooning Jacqueline. Oh my gosh I love those brown transferware plates. I need those!!! So pretty.
    Love your sweet pitcher too. What a great design and for $4 what a score. Have a great new week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about your decor speaks to me! I love the browns, creams and blues. Your vintage linens are gorgeous too. You definitely found some fabulous pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post, there is just something so comforting about old transfer ware. I think it brings up memories of farm houses or Grandma's house. I know I have a bit from here and there, and it really lends itself to the different seasons. Love this post, thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Takes my breath away So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, as always! In recent days I have added touches of blue to my otherwise neutral home décor and I am loving it! Your new find is adorable and $4, nope, could not pass it up! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post. I love those cross stitch cloths. So much work and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that anytime of the years I find a beautiful mix of beauty here and your brown transferware adds to a beautiful Fall and Autumn season.
    Your linens encourage the vintage sewing I have been doing, sadly I collect the cast offs that have been overly loved and abused by use and lack of care, it's these pieces I take and cup up to create new pieces to love all over again.

    I am working with a houndstooth pattern in ironstone white and coco that is going to be vintage Christmas and perfect with brown transferware making the Christmas stockings a perfect Christmas fit.
    I am most looking forward to,sharing them with you Jacqueline due to how you inspire your irons tones Browns and vintage linens.

    See you soon and all the beauty you will be creating this Holiday season.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a fan of brown, but your brown transferware is simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete

  12. I love all that white, off-white and light tans paired with the blue and brown transferware. It is all just the most yummy eye candy to me. I wish my whole home was in that theme. It's not, but I'm working in that direction. Your photos inspire me to keep on. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH so pretty, Jacqueline...and the transferware pitcher is GORGEOUS. No, I would never pass that up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely transferware and linens! thanks for sharing.
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love your transferware. I am hoping to travel sometime next year to Arizona and New Mexico, how I would love knowing where you sell your beautiful antiques.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am never disappointed at my visits to your lovely Blog! Everything is lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just lovely...I love the brown one!
    Have a happy friday, take care.
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  18. The little vase is precious.. I can see the little flowers sitting inside.. I love visiting you I can day dream all day with your beautiful linens and finds and transferwares.... Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jacqueline, how beautiful is that new little transferware pitcher of yours. Perfect for a little bouguet in it for Thanksgiving! It is all so lovely! Thank you for hosting at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!